- 1 Steel Dr, Calvert, AL 36513, USA
Harsco Environmental is the premier provider of material processing and environmental services to the global steel and metals industries. Our onsite mill services and resource recovery services offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefit and return valuable raw material into production. We also have developed a range of by-products for specialized applications across industry, construction and agriculture, which utilize Harsco’s expertise in mineral materials.
This role will report to the Regional Safety Manager and will be at a new job site that will start in Calvert Alabama.
Primary Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads a safe working environment and culture with improvement in key safety indicators. This includes focus on good systems, housekeeping, and behaviors. Supports organization safety program to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement and Lean Sigma methodology. Supports Harsco Environmental’s initiatives.
- Provides knowledge-based solutions and services to improve our safety culture.
- Implements and supports safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Assists line and staff management to understand OSHA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA compliance, inspections, and citations.
- Supports managers and employees in work site safety practices.
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, works with safety manager to develop corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provides information, signs, posters, and recommend other safeguards to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies and/or Harsco.
- Provides support Workers’ Compensation Claim Manager as needed.
- Maintains safety files and records.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety engineering, mechanical engineering, occupational safety or health, or related field.
- 1-2 years experience as safety professional in manufacturing organization, including exposure to OSHA regulations and requirements, investigating workplace safety, accidents, and worker’s compensation claims.
- Professional certification, such as Certified Safety Professional.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time-management skills.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.