- PO Box 519, Manama , Building 1430, Road 5138, Block 951 , Askar, Askar, Bahrain
Harsco is recognized for technical leadership and worldwide experience in virtually all major aspects of railway track maintenance. We enable railroads to operate at peak efficiency over smooth, precisely aligned track that increases railway safety while reducing fuel consumption and other key operating costs. Our broad array of equipment and services support every type of railway operator, from major national and international railway systems, to short lines and high-speed urban transit networks.
- Reliable & safe operation of Salt slag continuous processing plant & monitoring on Distributed Control System/SCADA.
- Plant startup/shutdown & troubleshooting of Crushing plant, two lines of wet processing plant & associated common systems as per the standard operating procedures.
- Operation of hazardous gas related systems, chemicals & stack emission monitoring & control.
- First line decision maker during Process upsets, Fire & Safety related actions & associated communication with internal & external agencies as per set policies.
- Emergency actions with respect to health & safety of personnel & equipment as per the standard operating procedures.
- Plant optimization & operating the plant for set KPI’s.
- Interpretation of chemical analysis & action accordingly.
- Receive consignments of materials/chemicals & authorize based on quality analysis. Monitor the inventory & initiate reorder requirements.
- Adhere to company safety & operational procedures as & when updated.
- Lead the shift operations & make necessary manpower arrangements as & when required.
- Recording/logging of DCS data & interpret the health of equipment or process & initiate action.
- Authorize for maintenance of equipment as per the work permit & LOTO procedures.
- Handover of complete plant status to the next Shift Controller to complete relieving duties.
- Cover for Operator or Lab Technician position as per the plant requirements.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry, physics, mathematics & analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of Mechanical rotary equipment like Pumps, Blowers, Rotary driers, Burners, Conveyors etc.
- Basic knowledge of Stationary equipment like Scrubbers, Cyclones, Spray driers, Packed beds etc.
- Basic knowledge on material of construction, couplings, bearings etc.
- Basic Process control aspects, loops, modes, control valves, limit switches, solenoids, transmitters.
- Data interpretation
- Basic knowledge on personnel safety & operational aspects of chemical plants.
- Basic communication & reporting protocols in English
- Basic computer knowledge like MS Word, Excel
- Ability to lead a shift team & independent decision making.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.