- 421 Lycaste St, Detroit, MI 48214, USA
Are you looking for more than a job? Plant your roots and grow with us. Here at Clean Earth, you’ll have the opportunity for a career in the growing field of environmental sustainability. We provide sweeping solutions to retailers, pharmacies, hospitals, government operations, harbors, manufacturers and consumers, ensuring a cleaner, greener planet for generations to come. You could be part of the solution!
We’re proud to be part of Harsco, a global leader in environmental solutions, named by Newsweek as one of America’s Most Responsible Companies 2021.
Warehouse Workers are the backbone of our company. You’ll be joining a team of dedicated professionals with the opportunity to learn environmental regulations and how we remove hazardous materials from the waste stream. Once trained in this role, you will consolidate, treat, store, transport and/or dispose of hazardous waste in accordance with environmentally responsible and compliant practices, policies, and procedures. This is a physically active job where you’ll be lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds throughout the day, operating a forklift and other mobile equipment to move containers to and from storage and treatment areas and to load and unload trailers. You will complete required documentation accurately, timely and legibly in accordance with applicable regulations and customer policies, practices and procedures.
· Ability to repeatedly lift and carry 50 pounds throughout the workday
· Ability to stand and walk over uneven surfaces for extended periods
· Visual acuity to read labels and documentation; depth perception to safely drive forklifts
· Ability to hear vehicle warning chimes and alarms
· Ability to work outdoors in all climate conditions and indoors in non-climate-controlled conditions
· Willingness and ability to wear company-issued personal protection equipment including safety glasses, hard had, steel toed shoes, gloves, Tyvek coveralls, and respirator (gentlemen – this means no beards)
· High school diploma or GED
· Experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment
· Basic computer skills to complete web-based training
· Ability to understand and respond to written and verbal English
· Ability to predictably and regularly attend work during scheduled hours. Must be willing and able to occasionally work nights, weekends and variable schedule(s) as necessary.
· Ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and coworkers.
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, wellness benefits, employee discount program, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response.