Production Worker - 2nd shift
- 9001 KY-176, Drakesboro, KY 42337, USA
Harsco Corporation is a diversified, global engineered products and services company serving the worldwide environmental, steel, railway and energy sectors. We have an unrivalled breadth of experience across the globe and an impressive reputation stretching back more than a century. Based in Camphill, PA, with more than 12000 employees and the company operates in more than 35 countries with 180 operational locations.
Harsco’s Environmental division is the premier provider of material processing and environmental services to the global steel and metals industries. Our onsite mill services and resource recovery services offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefit and return valuable raw material into production. We also have developed a range of by-products for specialized applications across industry, construction and agriculture, which utilize Harsco’s expertise in mineral materials.
1. Load trucks and railcars as per shipping requirements.
- Inspect all trucks and railcars before loading; internally and externally in compliance with Safety practices.
- Install and record seals in the rail book and on the order pick slips on all rail cars.
- Load vehicles evenly with material to proper weights.
- Keep loading areas clean.
- Fill out rail car/truck checklist.
Complete track check lists and turn into the office daily so rail logs can be matched against office records.
2. Perform general clean up.
- Keep load out plant area clean of material and debris making sure all trash cans are emptied weekly from the office and plant area.
- Assist other production personnel in cleaning other areas of the plant when necessary.
3. Bagging. Operation
- Operate bagging equipment to bag and palletize bag material.
- Perform pre start up checks of equipment and fill out any forms or inspections associated with the bagging operation.
- Load trucks with bagged material making sure that the product being loaded matches the material being placed on each truck and care is taken in placement of all pallets.
- Operate forklift making sure all mobile equipment logs are filled out daily for each piece of machinery
4. Complete quality testing as required and log all analysis properly on the respective pick slips
5. Notify the plant operator when the proper materials for bagging production are needed. If blends are performed make sure the blend is logged for the duration of the blend and proper Q.C. standards are followed.
6. Report potential problems.
Notify management and office administrator’s in a timely manner of material shortages for daily shipments.
- Notify management of any gradation problems or loading time changes.
- Notify management and maintenance of any unusual noise or potential mechanical problems.
- Assist maintenance in repairing any mechanical equipment when necessary.
- Complete and maintain all related paperwork as directed by management daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.
8. Other duties may be required to maintain a safe and efficient operation, as assigned by Management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Must be able to pass company physical, drug/alcohol screening. Prior experience in manufacturing preferred. Forklift and front end loader certification a plus.
Employee should be able to lift up to 100lbs., twist bend stand for long durations, hold general computer skills, Mathematical skills along with basic production skills
Machinery Operations, Forklift Operation, Mechanical Aptitude/Abilities, Problem Solving Skills
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED, Machinery Operations, Forklift Operations, Mechanical Aptitude/Abilities, Problem Solving Skills, Mechanical Aptitude, Preventive Maintenance aptitude.
“We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.”