- 1 Steel Dr, Calvert, AL 36513, USA
Harsco Environmental is the premier provider of material processing and environmental services to the global steel and metals industries. Our onsite mill services and resource recovery services offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefit and return valuable raw material into production. We also have developed a range of by-products for specialized applications across industry, construction and agriculture, which utilize Harsco’s expertise in mineral materials.
Note: We are looking for someone determined to join between Oct 1 to Nov 30, 2021.
- Multiple openings
This position is responsible for operating off-road type heavy, mobile equipment (Ferrocut, Material Handler, Cold Loader, Terberg, Wet Plant Operator). May also be required to operate crushing and screening equipment. All work is performed in a steel mill environment. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform and record routine mobile equipment pre-start and post inspections,
- Complete required activity reports.
- Follow all policies and rules of the company and the customer
- Maintain a high level of safety, and abide by all safe work requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 year’s experience as a heavy equipment operator.
- Ability to do manual labor in an outdoor environment that may include elevated areas and extreme weather conditions.
- Good communications skills, and the ability to read operating instructions.
- Proactive in SAFETY and works well in a team environment.
“We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.”