Public Relations Coordinator
- 933 1st Ave, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
We are looking for a smart, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious person to join our Marketing Communications team at Clean Earth. To succeed here, you'll need to be a creative self-starter who is willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. You absolutely must be a good writer and editor, and have an eye for details, development of key messages and value propositions. We are not looking for a social media coordinator; we already have one. We are looking for a good storyteller. Things happen quickly at Clean Earth, and to do great work you need to be an enthusiastic team player, who can work cross-functionally with partners across global corporate and marketing communications, and beyond.
Clean Earth’s parent company, Harsco, is a NYSE-listed company that has experienced substantial global growth over the past several years with aggressive growth plans in the years to come. Collectively, we are 11,000 employees strong, who work in more than 35 countries sharing the common vision of becoming a global, marketing-leading environmental solutions company to build a better tomorrow. Our expanded Marketing Communications team is located around the world – London, Hyderabad, Indianapolis, Charlotte and Philadelphia. The function itself is based at our headquarters in King of Prussia, PA.
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, you will work in close collaboration across teams and functions with ample chances to exercise your honed writing and editing skills, as well as project management and organizational experience, to create a wide range of written content from press releases and statements, to developing key messages and value propositions for our company and managing the content on our website.
We invite you to grow with our function and our company.
Strong Writing Skills
- Write, review and edit content for press releases, statements, bylines, presentations, leadership notes and some outdated marketing materials
- Ability to distill, develop and communicate key messages with continuous focus on stakeholders and value propositions
- With a nod towards continuous improvement, we expect you to collaborate with our creative team to create and maintain a presentation library which showcases all our divisions, their services, solutions, and experience
- Assist with maintaining communications and brand on the company’s website and brand central
- Capable of telling our story through photos and videos; enhance written communications with identification and use of photos
- Work with the marketing team, video and photography vendors, and various divisions and locations to develop compelling videos to tell our company’s story to various audiences both internal and external and aligning those stories with the appropriate medium
- Manage public relations and communication purchase orders, forms, paperwork.
- Coordinate meetings for communications deliverables and projects.
- Assist to ensure timely finalization of “all things written”
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism
- 1 plus years of experience in Public Relations or Communications, including a heavy focus on writing, editing, messaging, and value propositions; brand and development of creative materials; alternatively, we are happy to review candidates with 1 plus years of experience as a journalist
- High comfort level in taking on new projects, exploring new ideas, and adhering to brand standards
- Ability and confidence to work alone, or part of a larger team
- Deadline-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, InDesign), and superior written and verbal communication skills
- Requires ability to travel (less than 10%)
- Comfortable working under minimal supervision yet enthusiastic for collaboration with a creative, energetic, and fast-pace team
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, wellness benefits, employee discount program, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response.