- 1 Steel Dr, Calvert, AL 36513, USA
Harsco Environmental is the premier provider of material processing and environmental services to the global steel and metals industries. Our onsite mill services and resource recovery services offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefit and return valuable raw material into production. We also have developed a range of by-products for specialized applications across industry, construction and agriculture, which utilize Harsco’s expertise in mineral materials.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in hourly production jobs at Steel Mill locations serviced by Harsco Environmental to ensure all obligations for the customer are met in a timely and satisfactory manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate plant operations to ensure proper function within company policies and procedures.
- Implement and coordinate safety objectives resulting in a clean, safe work environment.
- Communicates to workforce the job to be done, identifying materials and equipment to be used. Ensures the employee has a full understanding of expectations and of how to perform the job safely and efficiently.
- Oversees the employee training and operation of equipment such as bulldozers, cranes, graders, etc.
- Responsible for proper scheduling of employees and equipment to meet all needs of the customer and productions demands.
- Conducts daily safety talks with employees at the commencement of the shift.
- Ensures all shift records and documentation are completed accurately and in a timely manner to facilitate data collection required for payroll, maintenance, etc.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Communicates with Site Manager, Operations Director or various functional support teams regard any and all problems within their particular areas
- Must be a team player with the ability to come in when required, and stay until the job is completed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree and post high school education.
- Three to five years of supervisory experience directing hourly production or maintenance employees. Experience in a heavy industrial environment is a strong plus. Experience may be considered in lieu of post high school education if the experience is relevant to the industry.
- Knowledge of and belief in safety programs is required.
- Must be computer literate.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, use arms and hands, kneel, climb or balance 60-100% of on-the-job time.
- Ability to talk or hear 100% of on-the-job time.
- Ability to lift up to twenty five pounds 30% of on-the-job time.
- Vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work atmosphere may include the following conditions: working near moving mechanical parts, in fumes or airborne toxins, in outdoor weather conditions, in the risk of radiation, and vibration.
Moderate to Loud noise.
We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Harsco Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.