Recycling Vendor Relations Specialist
- 211 Rockingham Drive, Reidsville, North Carolina, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste companies in the United States providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material, and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast portfolio of technologies and services touches nearly every industry that generates waste including energy, infrastructure, commercial, industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.
It is our unique capability of providing a one-source, full-service solution to handle multiple waste streams from a single customer that separates us from the competition. Our processes are detailed, our due diligence is tireless, and our results provide unmatched recycling solutions for our customers with the utmost in customer service.
Every day Clean Earth takes a hands-on, dedicated approach to recycling and beneficially reusing waste that would otherwise go into landfills. Allow our team of experts to provide a customized waste disposal and recycling solution for your company, tailored to your needs, and your goals.
The Recycling Vendor Relations Specialist is responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining strategic relationships with recycling and reuse vendors that purchase and process by-product and waste materials generated by our clients. Partner with Clean Earth Total Waste Solutions Operations and Commercial teams to build solutions to execute recycling, reuse, and waste minimization opportunities.
Candidates must currently reside in either the Mid-West or in the Southeast region of the U.S.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Develop & maintain strategic vendor network outlets for recycling, reuse, alternative use and commodities solutions
- Identify solutions needed and potential outlets for identified waste by-products
- Build national and regional capabilities where gaps exist in network
- Work to develop strategy, logistics, data capture, reporting and pricing for outlets
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendor partners/recycling outlets
- Lead contract and service agreement development and discussions
- Establish and/or guide pricing discussions with vendors
- Serve as a liaison between Total Waste Solutions operations and partners as needed
- Resolve complex issues that may result from pricing pressures or other conflicts
- Work with Commercial and Operations teams to identify innovative solutions & outlets for waste by-products
- Participate in site visits and vendor relations outreach
- Identify and pursue relationships with emerging and innovative companies in the recycling and reuse marketplace
- Research existing and new recycling outlets to determine candidate vendor partner as needs arise
- Ensure achievement of compliance & services goals with appropriate regulations & company procedures
- Develop enhanced database of vendor outlets for internal Clean Earth use
- Map known recycling, disposal and reuse outlets to Clean Earth facility geography
- Ensure that database is maintained for preexisting outlets and new outlets are identified
- Responsible for all SOPs, work instructions, and guidance documents
- Research and initiate dialogue with experts within the recycling/reuse industry to develop recycling, reuse and waste minimizations solutions for client waste streams
- Conduct and participate in internal business reviews to present and review information with/to Senior Leadership
- Attend industry tradeshows and conferences to network
- Perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by management
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, or Biology
- 3+ years of experience in waste/recycling industry specifically in vendor relations
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel up to 40% by car or commercial airline to customers locations and also includes possible overnight travel.
- Must have reliable transportation to visit customer and vendor sites
- Must be willing and able to visit and tour client & vendor sites, which may include indoor and outdoor environments, manufacturing/treatment/recycling plant conditions, ambulating over uneven surfaces, climbing stairs and ladders, and the ability to maneuver through tight spaces
- Knowledge of RCRA, DOT, DEA regulatory environment
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Certificate
- Training in DOT, RCRA, Project Management
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with formulas and V-Lookups
- The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or coworkers
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently from a home office on multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines
- The ability to use a computer to communicate, create, and access information
- Must be willing and able to wear company-issued personal protection equipment on occasion which may include eye protection, hard hat, gloves, hearing protection, Tyvek coveralls, foot protection, and respirator
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, wellness benefits, employee discount program, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response.