Regional Account Manager
- Abilene, Abilene, TX, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste companies in the United States providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material, and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast portfolio of technologies and services touches nearly every industry that generates waste including energy, infrastructure, commercial, industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.
It is our unique capability of providing a one-source, full-service solution to handle multiple waste streams from a single customer that separates us from the competition. Our processes are detailed, our due diligence is tireless, and our results provide unmatched recycling solutions for our customers with the utmost in customer service.
Every day Clean Earth takes a hands-on, dedicated approach to recycling and beneficially reusing waste that would otherwise go into landfills. Allow our team of experts to provide a customized waste disposal and recycling solution for your company, tailored to your needs, and your goals.
(Note: Local Candidates in Avalon, Midland, Odessa, or El Paso are strongly preferred)
The Regional Account Manager will be responsible for expanding the Company’s business within pre-assigned territories. This position is accountable for achieving sales goals through the acquisition and development of new customers and expansion of the product line within the existing customer base.
Develop and target regional accounts and prospects in conjunction with the Director of Sales to achieve contract, revenue growth, account milestone objectives, and activity expectations within an assigned account/geography.
- Maintains current customers and acquires new customers by meeting or exceeding goals for territory revenue, growth objectives, account retention and customer service functions via telephone and periodic sales calls and presentations. This interaction includes the entire sales cycle from prospecting, maintenance, proposals, contracts, price increases, cancellations and contract renewals
- Builds relationships with current customers while growing the revenue and profits through service changes and price increases.
- Communicates regulatory compliance issues to customers.
- Implements sales strategies to maximize revenue and profits through maintenance and penetration of existing customers.
- Resolve problems and coordinate customer needs with Field Operations and/or Customer Service group.
- Works as liaison between customers and accounts payable department for collection of receivables when requested.
- Assists with coordination and implementation of Regional and National account sales activities.
- Sell in a highly consultative manner, with ability to articulate the company value-proposition and the benefits of working with Clean Earth brand over other traditional waste services companies and direct competition.
- Creates presentations for key sales customers and prospects.
- Coordinate the development of sales objectives, territory and account selling strategies and ensures their execution.
- Completes territory routing plans, territory forecasts and customer business reviews.
- Develop account specific strategies and plans -- and execute against those plans -- to win national and regional in the manufacturing and industrial market space.
- Provide management with information used to evaluate regional & national opportunities.
- Promotes customer brand loyalty by participating in or joining regional/national professional organizations that serve the regional marketplace and/or consumers.
- Make daily calls on new prospects within the targeted territory geography, along with identifying leads via a variety of internet websites, networking, key vendors and peers within local and national organizations.
- Monitor and communicate sales performance against goals through approved performance metrics.
- This is a combined hunter and farmer sales position, managing a BOB while driving territory growth through new business prospects.
- Perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by management.
Basic Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sciences, Marketing or Management.
- Associates Degree with 5+ years experience in environmental
- 3+ years’ experience in outside sales & selling outsourced services to the manufacturing and industrial market or related industries.
- 5+ Years of sales experience manage multiple accounts.
- Knowledge of RCRA, DOT, DEA regulatory environment preferred
- Similar background/experience within waste management/environmental services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Salesforce
- Experience in managing a territory while demonstrating a proven track record of sales success achieving or exceeding aggressive growth targets and sales quotas.
- Self-directed with the ability to work on multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrates established relationships or the ability to rapidly establish relationships within the C-level, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Procurement, Supply Chain, Operations and Marketing functions within the retail industry
- Demonstrates established relationships or the ability to rapidly establish relationships within the Environmental Health and Safety, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Procurement, Supply Chain, Operations and Marketing functions within the manufacturing industry.
- Up to 50% travel by car to customers within territory & possible overnight
- Must own reliable automobile, have valid driver’s license and maintain minimum required automobile insurance coverage.
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, wellness benefits, employee discount program, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response.