CDL-A Truck Driver
- 2591 Mitchell Ave, Allentown, PA 18103, USA
$1000 Sign-on Bonus
Why Choose Clean Earth?
Imagine a new role where you can be home every night and on weekends, but that’s not all. You’ll be joining a leading, growing team with over 30 years in the waste industry.
Here at Clean Earth, we believe that close-knit teams deliver the best results. Together we succeed through industry know-how, safety, and sustainable growth and we were recently named by Newsweek as one of America’s Most Responsible Companies.
- One of our core values is Employee Care. For you, this means we take great effort to ensure your safety. We take care of the vehicle you’ll drive, we follow all safety protocols, and provide the best equipment for your protection.
- We have a strong track record in providing opportunities for internal advancement.
- You’ll have benefits that include medical, wellness, dental, vision, 401k with match, accident, life, and many other optional plans to protect you and your family.
The Truck Driver position will drive to customer sites to pick up and transport materials back to the facility. This will include the loading and unloading of the trucks.
- Safely transport hazardous waste, non-hazardous waste, & general freight within North America
- Follow all local, State, Federal, FMCSA, DOT, and company safety guidelines
- Communicate with dispatch via phone, text, and or email
- Communicate demurrage, violations, accidents, concerns & any issues with a shipment to dispatch
- Communicate equipment issues with fleet maintenance
- Attend HAZWOPER refresher course annually
- Attend all safety meetings
- Utilize a pallet jack
- Obey all safety procedures while loading and unloading at customers, suppliers, and other business associate’s locations
- Keep trucks and equipment in good, clean working order
- Keep track of all reasonable expenses, i.e.: fuel, supplies, and maintenance items
- Assist in loading, unloading, & labeling when necessary
- Perform Pre & Post trip equipment functions
- Some overnight travel may be required
- 1st shift position Monday-Friday with overtime hours available
- Ensure that documents are complete and accurate, i.e.: Manifests, BOLs, etc
- Ensure that materials arrive to facility safely, secured and within compliance
- Assist in the warehouse production when necessary
- Perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by management
Basic Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess a Class B or A CDL with Hazmat endorsement
- 2 or more years of verifiable driving experience
- Completed 40-hour HAZWOPER training
- Possess a current DOT Medical Card
- 2 or more years of prior experience in the transportation of hazardous waste materials
- Completion of truck driving education program
- Ability to drive in inclement weather
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Availability on Saturdays
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Paige Waenke, HR Specialist, 215.734.1400 x1221 and Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for disability application.