Night Fitter MMT (Mobile Maintenance Train) - Horsham
- Horsham, Horsham, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Harsco Rail operates across the world and has a proven and sustained track record in providing customised, technology-driven rail track solutions.
The company has been pioneering mechanised maintenance for more than 100 years. Today, Harsco is still leading the way with practical, customer-driven solutions that set the standard for insight, innovation and performance - keeping the wheels of commerce driving forward and passengers on the move.
Harsco Rail’s Contract Services provide customers with a high quality service by work crews that know the machines’ operation and maintenance best. With years of experience, Harsco Rail’s Contract Service teams have covered more than 640,000 kilometres of track, consistently achieving industry leading production rates and high quality output. Contract services include providing the maintenance, equipment, and labour to complete the job.
Harsco Rail offers contract services for Rail Grinding and has been grinding rail for over 50 years, covering more than 300,000 km (192,000 miles) in the last 7 years.
- Carry out night shift fitter cover on the Mobile Maintenance Train.
- Maximise machine availability.
- To operate the OTM as required.
- To complete maintenance and breakdown repairs as required
• Professional Qualifications needed to enable key activities to be achieved.
• Track safety qualification
• Mandatory qualifications
- Manual handling
- Emergency first aid
- Abrasive wheels
- Fire awareness
- Health + Safety
• Preferred recognised qualification in mechanical / electrical / maintenance engineering or a minimum of two years’ experience in an associated trade.
Functional Skills at Level 2 (Intermediate):
Approach to work, communication, planning, organising prioritising, safety and security.
Technical Skills at Level 1 (Basic):
Hydraulic, Electrical, Pneumatic, Mechanical, Calibration, Fault Finding, Machine Computers, Engines
• Basic knowledge & understanding in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems & ability to work under instruction.
• IT literate including basic knowledge of Microsoft systems.
• Calibration & understanding of rail plant operating systems.
• Risk assessing.
• Role requirements
• Full valid driving licence
• Basic understanding of Health & Safety, relevant to the role
• Written & verbal communication skills
• Competent in current maintenance standards
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Process driven
• Communicator at all levels
• Self-motivated and ability to work with little supervision
• Ability to prioritise effectively
• Adheres to deadlines
• Ability to motivate team
• Customer care
• Attention to detail
• Team work
• Time management
• Personable with Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Good communicator.
• Self-motivated and ability to work without supervision and on own initiative.
• Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
• Adheres to deadlines.
• Customer care.
• Attention to detail.
• Team work.
• Self-improvement and positive attitude to work tasks.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Performance of machine following repair and maintenance tasks.
- Condition of machine.
- 5S on machine.
- Quality of documentation
- Compliance with all company policies & procedures, including Health & Safety, Quality & Environmental
- Machine availability
- Machine reliability
- Accident / incident reporting
- Attendance - Sickness
- Maintain competence
- Competence assessments
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Report any defects found on machine & carry out repairs within required competency level for the role, as directed.
- Undertake maintenance activities in accordance with the Vehicle Maintenance Instruction (VMI)
- Manage VMI schedules and machine repairs using Network Rails Fleet Asset Management System (FAMS)
- Assist MMT Support Technician with required tasks.
- To carry out planned maintenance duties in line with company policies & procedures & work instructions.
- Ensure working environment is maintained as required by 5S.
- Inform manager of any issues / problems in a timely manner, which are outside your remit of control.
- Operate machine equipment on site as required by the planned work.
- Ensure regularly updated & compliant with company policies & procedures.
- Awareness of company communication, i.e. e-mails, etc.
- Be responsible for the care of company assets in the individual’s possession.
- To undertake training as required.
- Ensure compliance with competence assessment systems.
- Liaise with customer and contractors as required
- Make sure method statements and risk assessments are applied
- Update and carry out risk assessments as required
- Maintain regular contact with control centre
- Maintain regular contact with Maintenance Manager
- Maintain regular communication with team members
- Work to roster as required
- Provide reports / information as required by Maintenance Manager
- Partake in competence assessments
- Comply with all statutory and company policies and procedures
- To undertake training as required
- To ensure all machine defects are reported and rectified
- To operate OTM in line with procedures
- Complete all necessary documentation
- Ensure machine is maintained to maintenance schedule
- Work to 5s regime
- To communicate with safety rep
- Manage machine stock levels
- Flexible to work on other machines as required
- Work away from home on occasion and during annual maintenance activities