Household Hazardous Waste Program Manager
- 275 Allens Ave, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste companies in the United States providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material, and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast portfolio of technologies and services touches nearly every industry that generates waste including energy, infrastructure, commercial, industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.
It is our unique capability of providing a one-source, full-service solution to handle multiple waste streams from a single customer that separates us from the competition. Our processes are detailed, our due diligence is tireless, and our results provide unmatched recycling solutions for our customers with the utmost in customer service.
The HHW Program Manager will manage the full lifecycle HHW event process. This will include working with the Sales Department to gain new business opportunities for the events, working with townships on the scheduling of events, managing the staffing requirements and the supplies necessary, and working with the Transportation Manager to schedule out the transportation requirements and logistics. The HHW Program Manager will also attend the events and see the full process through.
- Manage, direct, and coordinate safe and efficient operation of the household hazardous waste program.
- Help manage the logistics of the HHW events, including handling lab pack chemicals and hazardous waste.
- Interface directly with customers to ensure proper event/collection center management and that contract requirements are being met for the customer’s collection program.
- Coordinate all collections to include transportation, equipment set up, equipment rentals, hotel room reservations, staffing requirements, part time staffing payroll, and part time staff recruiting.
- Assist customer service with creating profiles and providing a Master Drum List so that Customer service can create the shipping documents.
- Create draft invoices to expedite the invoicing with customer service.
- Answer technical questions from collection center staff which can be at odd hours.
- Ensure clean communication with internal operations and transportation.
- Review profitability after the completion of a project.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Provide training presentations to customers on proper event operations.
- Assist the HHW Business Development Manager with marketing this business line by attending trade shows or regional meetings.
- During off season, make sales calls on manufacturing and industrial waste generators to generate revenue.
- Perform related work and additional duties as requested/assigned by supervisor.
Some HHW events are held on weekends. Candidates must be willing to work variable schedules.
Candidates must be willing and able to travel regionally via automobile.
Basic Required Requirements:
- 5 or more years experience working for an Environmental Services Company
- 5 or more years experience in Material Management waste disposal operations
- HAZWOPER 24 or 40-hour certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Environmental Sciences
- Prior Lab Pack/Chemistry experience
- Knowledge of DOT and Haz Waste Regulations
- CDL Class B with HazMat Endorsement
- Has worked or managed household hazardous waste events in the past
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint)
We offer competitive benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Contact Paige Waenke at 215-734-1400 x6 and Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for disability application.