Heavy Equipment Operator II
- 1 Steel Dr, Calvert, AL 36513, USA
Harsco Corporation is a diversified, global engineered products and services company serving the worldwide environmental, steel, railway and energy sectors. We have an unrivalled breadth of experience across the globe and an impressive reputation stretching back more than a century. Based in Camphill, PA, with more than 12000 employees and the company operates in more than 35 countries with 180 operational locations.
Harsco’s Environmental division is the premier provider of material processing and environmental services to the global steel and metals industries. Our onsite mill services and resource recovery services offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefit and return valuable raw material into production. We also have developed a range of by-products for specialized applications across industry, construction and agriculture, which utilize Harsco’s expertise in mineral materials.
This position is responsible for operating off road type heavy, mobile equipment (such as Grant/TML, hot loader, pot carrier). May also be required to operate crushing and screening equipment. All work performed in a steel mill environment. Duties include but not limited to:
- Perform and record routine mobile equipment pre-start and post inspections,
- Complete required activity reports.
- Follow all policies and rules of the company and the customer
- Maintain high level of safety, and abide by all safe work requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 year’s experience as a heavy equipment operator.
- Ability to do manual labor in an outdoor environment that may include elevated areas and extreme weather conditions.
- Good communications skills, and the ability to read operating instructions.
- Proactive in SAFETY and works well in a team environment.
“We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.”