- 275 Allens Ave, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Environmental Solutions is a leading provider of environmental and regulated waste management solutions. We provide a strengthened infrastructure and a broad portfolio of services for customers who generate regulated waste in virtually any industry. Customers receive innovative and sustainable solutions that safeguard the environment, protect people and keep their organizations compliant.
Responsible for utilizing dynamic routing tools to develop route plans and improve productivity in assigned transportation locations. Routing plans should align to True North (Customer 1st, Growth and Productivity, Employee Development, and Safety). The Transportation Routing Planer is supported by the Routing Admin and works in conjunction with Operations and Customer Service, as well as the Safety and Compliance Teams, within a Continuous Improvement culture.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures service team provides highest standard of customer service and positively impacting customer service through efficient routing.
- Monitors operations and work of all route Team Members.
- Works proactively with transportation Team Members, as well as all other functional operations (Plant, Sharps Management, Specialty Waste, etc.) to meet all customers’ expectations.
- Maintains optimum utilization of resources including, but not limited to, methods, procedures, structure, equipment, and personnel.
- Monitors route and work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends changes to continually improve productivity and routing efficiency. Works closely with Transportation Team on implementation of recommended changes.
- Analyze transportation reports to ensure improved productivity and reduced expense. Oversee routes and reroutes based on data analysis.
- Continuously improve productivity by establishing goals for stops, containers, and miles per route day and route hours. Communicate driver performance compared to goal on a regular basis.
- Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives.
- Keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting professional and organized meetings.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, Local regulations and Company policies and procedures, communicates issues and updates to Transportation Team.
- Oversees and participates in the maintenance of DOT requirements. Ensures accuracy, legibility and completeness of all files and reports.
- Monitors and ensures that Team Members are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations to prevent accidents or Hours of Service issues.
- Oversee and participate in the maintenance of Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports for all CSRs and equipment. Ensure DQF, DOT Logs and VCR are accurate and complete; must maintain DOT files.
- Conduct necessary inspection and maintenance as needed
- Additional responsibilities may apply as needed
Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements:
- Education equivalent to a high school diploma required
- Associates in a Transportation or Logistics related field preferred
- Five or more years of progressive waste or equivalent industry experience in a routing capacity preferred. Demonstrates the ability to manage people in a transportation environment. Demonstrates the ability to provide safe and regulatory compliant work conditions for all Team Members.
- Demonstrates knowledge and the ability to stay abreast of applicable regulations and codes, as they apply to the waste industry and those specific to area of responsibility.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Must be able to input, monitor and manipulate data within these applications. Must have routing capability and/or direct past experience.
- Past experience utilizing Salesforce, JJ Keller Encompass, and Decartes or equivalent routing software preferred
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Position requires the following physical activity:
- Balancing – ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium frequently
- Climbing – occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps and the like using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized
- Crawling – occasionally move body along the floor on all fours (using hands and knees)
- Crouching – occasionally bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Fingering – frequently type with the fingers, and/or separate pages of documents, etc,
- Grasping – frequently apply pressure to an object with the fingers and palm
- Hearing – constantly perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
- Kneeling – occasionally bend legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees
- Lifting – frequently raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position
- Pulling – occasionally use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion
- Pushing – occasionally use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward
- Reaching – frequently extend hand (s) and arm (s) in any direction
- Repetitive motion – occasional substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Seeing – constantly use visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations
- Sitting – occasionally sit for sustained periods of time
- Standing – occasionally stand for sustained periods of time
- Stooping – occasionally bend body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Talking – frequently expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Walking – frequently move about on foot to accomplish tasks
- Visual acuity - Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as, preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, filing papers, operating a vehicle, etc.
Must be able to exert in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions. Some activities occur inside and outside. Must be able to tolerate extreme heat and cold. Temperatures above 100 degrees F for periods of more than one hour. (South and Southeastern part of the country). Temperatures below 32 degrees F for period of more than one hour. (North and Northeast part of the country).
Must be able to travel up to 15% of time. Travel varies in frequency and duration.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Clean Earth offers salaries commensurate with experience and an excellent benefit package with a 401(k) with company matching.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law.