Environmental Driver Specialist III – SPak Retail CDL B
- 275 Allens Ave, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Environmental Solutions is a leading provider of environmental and regulated waste management solutions. We provide a strengthened infrastructure and a broad portfolio of services for customers who generate regulated waste in virtually any industry. Customers receive innovative and sustainable solutions that safeguard the environment, protect people and keep their organizations compliant.
The ES III works on-site at various retail stores and perform two functions, applying all applicable federal and state laws and DOT, EPA and DEA regulations: 1) Characterize segregate, package and document various types of retail hazardous waste and 2) Characterize, segregate, package, and document various types of pharmaceutical waste. This position is also responsible for the preparation of all appropriate and required documentation to meet State, EPA, DOT and EPA regulations.
- Travel between customer retail facilities, through assigned territory.
- Provide services related to managing retail hazardous waste and pharmaceutical waste as well as characterizing hazardous, regulated, and non-hazardous waste.
- Properly process lab packs and prepare manifests and LDR’s for hazardous waste shipment (according to State, EPA & DOT regulations).
- Maintain / manage own expenses and travel schedule to ensure customers are serviced on a regular and timely basis. Manage route to maintain compliance with 10 day transfer schedules.
- Provide training and support for customers on processes, findings and regulatory compliance.
- Provides written and verbal reports to customer and supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Education and Experience Required:
- Education equivalent to a high school diploma (GED) is required
- Four or more years of waste characterization and sorting hazardous waste is preferred
- Chemistry experience is a plus
- CDL Class B license required
- Hazmat endorsement (HazWoper) required for transporting waste
- TWIC endorsement and DEA certification required
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of RCRA and DOT Regulations as it relates to waste characterization and the transportation of hazardous waste
- Demonstrates the ability to properly placard vehicle, label waste for transport and complete shipping paperwork
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Balancing – ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium frequently
- Climbing – occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps and the like using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized
- Crouching – occasionally bend the body down-ward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Fingering – frequently type with the fingers, and/or separate pages of documents, etc,
- Grasping – constantly apply pressure to an object with the fingers and palm
- Hearing – constantly perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
- Kneeling – constantly bend legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees
- Lifting – frequently raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position
- Pulling – frequently use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion
- Pushing – frequently use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward
- Reaching – frequently extend hand (s) and arm (s) in any direction
- Repetitive motion – occasional substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Seeing – constantly use visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations
- Sitting – occasionally sit for sustained periods of time
- Standing – occasionally stand for sustained periods of time
- Stooping – occasionally bend body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Talking – frequently expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Walking – constantly move about on foot to accomplish tasks
- Visual acuity - Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as, preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, filing papers, operating a vehicle, etc.
- Position requires extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and push/ or pull carts weighing up to 500 pounds.
- Must be able to travel a significant amount of time within geographic assignment which may include overnight trips. Frequency and duration will vary.
The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving vehicles, electrical current, and exposure to chemicals. Use of company-provided personal protective equipment is required.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Clean Earth offers salaries commensurate with experience and an excellent benefit package with a 401(k) with company matching.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law.