Recycling Machine Technician
- 2591 Mitchell Ave, Allentown, PA 18103, USA
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste management companies in the United States providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material, and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast portfolio of technologies and services touches nearly every industry that generates waste including energy, infrastructure, commercial, industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.
- As a Machine Technician, responsible for Empty and process containers of material in prep room. Place prepared material into trays for retort machine oven.
- Inspect trays for compliance prior to loading into ovens.
- Load/unload trays of material into retort ovens.
- Complete daily readings of oven performance while material is being cooked in ovens, assuring department is following safety protocol.
- Perform routine maintenance inspections on machine.
- Document and track daily throughput on machine.
- Assure all necessary compliance and safety regulations are met during shift.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Good mechanical ability required.
• Must be able to read/write and understand English
• Medium to heavy working conditions
• Lifting 50 pounds minimum on regular basis
• Work with various materials with varying safety requirements
• Tasks will rotate within different areas of the warehouse according to business needs.
• Ability to climb stairs, stands 8 hours/day, lift 60 pounds, move 55-gallon drums required.
• Ability to use personal protective equipment such as tyveks, goggles, hardhat, respirator
• Ability to work overtime hours as required by business conditions
“We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Clean Earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.”