Environmental Technician I
- 2850 100th Ct NE, Blaine, MN 55449, USA
Environmental Solutions is a leading provider of environmental and regulated waste management solutions. We provide a strengthened infrastructure and a broad portfolio of services for customers who generate regulated waste in virtually any industry. Customers receive innovative and sustainable solutions that safeguard the environment, protect people and keep their organizations compliant.
Position Purpose: Briefly summarize the purpose of this position in one or two sentences.
Under general supervision, performs routine and frequent manual and heavy labor tasks to properly consolidate, treat, store, pack, transport and/or dispose of hazardous waste in accordance with environmentally responsible and cost-effective practices and ESOL policies, practices and procedures. Job requires maintenance of records, accuracy and attention to detail, the ability to follow instruction and to work independently once proper training provided.
Key Job Activities: List the ongoing day-to-day essential job responsibilities in priority order (it is not necessary to list every activity--you may just list the most important 7 – 10. Indicate the estimated percentage of time spent on each of these activities.
- Segregate and package material for transport along with completion of required paperwork in accordance with appropriate regulations and customer policies, practices, and procedures.
- May assist in maintaining inventory and storage of hazardous materials in accordance with appropriate regulations and policies, practices, and procedures.
- Follow all Health & Safety/Job Safety Analysis (JSA's) procedures as outlined in procedures and policies.
- Operate fork trucks and other heavy equipment when properly trained to assist in the movement of containers to storage, treatment, and/or loading/unloading of trailers.
- Complete paperwork legibly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Scope of Work: Briefly describe the level/type of contacts that will interact with the position; impact of the position on the business, level/type of authority, independence, complexity, analysis, judgement and decisions; and number of people reporting to this position and their titles.
Contacts (Internal/External): Regular contact with external customers on a daily basis. Regular contact with different levels of personnel.
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One or more years related experience preferred.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Demonstrates proficiency to operate a computer with Windows based programs (i.e. Excel and Word).
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift and possesses safe driving record.
- Key Competencies (Non-technical Behavioral Skills, i.e. presentation, negotiation, customer service skills), you may just list the most important 7-10, in priority order:
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others, either internally or externally, and to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate various equipment throughout facility , e.g., two-wheeled hand dolly, conveyor system, dock plate, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to wear PPE properly and sustain a steady work pace over an entire shift.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a problem solver and adapt to change quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete various paperwork requirements properly.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform functions safely and productively and according to established policies and procedures.
Other (i.e. physical requirements, travel, etc. that is not covered above:
Position requires the following physical activity:
- Balancing – ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium frequently
- Climbing – occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps and the like using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized
- Crouching – occasionally bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Grasping – constantly apply pressure to an object with the fingers and palm
- Hearing – constantly perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
- Kneeling – constantly bend legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees
- Lifting – frequently raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position
- Pulling – frequently use upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion
- Pushing – frequently use upper extremities to press against something with steady force to thrust forward, downward or outward
- Reaching – frequently extend hand (s) and arm (s) in any direction
- Repetitive motion – occasional substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Seeing – constantly use visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations
- Sitting – occasionally sit for sustained periods of time
- Standing – occasionally stand for sustained periods of time
- Stooping – frequently bend body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Talking – frequently expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Walking – constantly move about on foot to accomplish tasks
- Visual acuity - Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as, preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, filing papers, operating a vehicle, etc.
- Both inside and outside work requirements with exposure to sun, rain, wind, snow and varying temperatures. Position very physical in nature. Required to stand for long periods of time on hard surfaces; frequent push / pull / lift more than 55 lbs.
- Must be able to travel. Travel varies in frequency and duration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.