Shipping & Receiving Coordinator (2nd Shift)
- 2591 Mitchell Ave, Allentown, PA 18103, USA
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste management companies in the United States providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material, and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast portfolio of technologies and services touches nearly every industry that generates waste including energy, infrastructure, commercial, industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all shipping and receiving activity at this location
- Assure all paperwork (manifests, BOL’s, etc.) is properly completed and piece counts match.
- Complete receiving tickets for all incoming material, initiating the tracking process
- Inspect all materials for conformance to approval codes. Note any discrepancies and segregate off-spec material until authorization has been given to either process or reject
- Assign and move materials to appropriate storage area and notify appropriate supervisor of the storage location
- Assure compliance with all applicable regulations related to storage (i.e., drum count, aisle space, labels, etc.)
- Assure storage of end products in their appropriate areas.
- Coordinate the shipment of products, end products, boxes, drums, plant scraps, etc. Complete associated paperwork and label each container or pallet
- Reliable, regular attendance/punctuality required to meet business/customer needs
- Perform related work and additional duties as requested/assigned by supervisor
Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required
- Must be able to lift 50-60 pound containers and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to use personal protective equipment (tyveks, respirator, safety glasses, etc.)
- Must be forklift certified and familiar with plant safety procedures
- Previous shipping/receiving experience will be given preference
- English fluency required for communication with truckers, customers and internal departments, and for completion of associated paperwork
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to regularly access and use general office equipment including phones, computers, copiers, etc.
- Must be able to work in a busy, often distracting work environment that is generally climate controlled.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds unassisted on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.