Environmental Technician I
- 405 Powell Street, Avalon, TX, United States
Environmental Solutions is a leading provider of environmental and regulated waste management solutions. We provide a strengthened infrastructure and a broad portfolio of services for customers who generate regulated waste in virtually any industry. Customers receive innovative and sustainable solutions that safeguard the environment, protect people and keep their organizations compliant.
Under general supervision, performs routine and frequent manual and heavy labor tasks to properly consolidate, treat, store, pack, transport and/or dispose of hazardous waste in accordance with environmentally responsible and cost-effective practices and ESOL policies, practices and procedures. Job requires maintenance of records, accuracy and attention to detail, the ability to follow instruction and to work independently once proper training provided.
- Segregate and package material for transport along with completion of required paperwork in accordance with appropriate regulations and customer policies, practices, and procedures.
- May assist in maintaining inventory and storage of hazardous materials in accordance with appropriate regulations and policies, practices, and procedures.
- Follow all Health & Safety/Job Safety Analysis (JSA's) procedures as outlined in procedures and policies.
- Operate fork trucks and other heavy equipment when properly trained to assist in the movement of containers to storage, treatment, and/or loading/unloading of trailers.
- Complete paperwork legibly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One or more years related experience preferred.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Demonstrates proficiency to operate a computer with Windows based programs (i.e. Excel and Word).
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift and possesses safe driving record.
- Key Competencies (Non-technical Behavioral Skills, i.e. presentation, negotiation, customer service skills), you may just list the most important 7-10, in priority order:
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others, either internally or externally, and to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate various equipment throughout facility , e.g., two-wheeled hand dolly, conveyor system, dock plate, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to wear PPE properly and sustain a steady work pace over an entire shift.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a problem solver and adapt to change quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete various paperwork requirements properly.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform functions safely and productively and according to established policies and procedures.
Other (i.e. physical requirements, travel, etc. that is not covered above:
Position requires the following physical activity:
- Both inside and outside work requirements with exposure to sun, rain, wind, snow and varying temperatures. Position very physical in nature. Required to stand for long periods of time on hard surfaces; frequent push / pull / lift more than 55 lbs.
- Must be able to travel. Travel varies in frequency and duration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.