Environmental Technician III
- 500 Medco Rd, Birmingham, AL 35217, USA
Environmental Solutions is a leading provider of environmental and regulated waste management solutions. We provide a strengthened infrastructure and a broad portfolio of services for customers who generate regulated waste in virtually any industry. Customers receive innovative and sustainable solutions that safeguard the environment, protect people and keep their organizations compliant.
Performs routine and frequent manual and heavy labor tasks to properly consolidate, treat, store, pack, transport and/or dispose of hazardous waste in accordance with environmentally responsible and cost-effective practices and ESOL policies, practices and procedures. Job requires maintenance of records, accuracy and attention to detail, the ability to follow instruction and to work independently once proper training provided.
- Segregate and package material for transport along with completion of required paperwork in a legible, accurate, and timely manner in accordance with appropriate regulations and customer policies, practices, and procedures.
- Oversee large Labpack projects and jobs with the ability to manage others. Coach technicians and operators with on-the-job in equipment operation, service line processes and necessary paperwork.
- Follow all Health & Safety/Job Safety Analysis (JSA's) procedures as outlined in procedures and policies.
- Operate fork trucks and other heavy equipment when properly trained to move materials for storage / loading and off-loading.
- Perform onsite testing of unknown materials according to policies, practices, and procedures.
- Maintain records for DOT and State officials as assigned. Instruct, provide feedback, directs and assist team in performance of job duties to complete work in accordance with requirements and policies, practices and procedures.
- Schedule and distribute work to team as necessary.
- Assist in other areas of the location as directed including but not limited to occasional travel to customer sites; assistance with production scheduling; and support of staff training.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); three or more years related experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years of lab pack experience required.
- 40 hours OSHA training with 8 hour refresher course; successful completion of forklift training.
- Demonstrates proficiency to operate a computer with Windows based programs (i.e. Excel and Word).Demonstrates strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- The ability to oversee a large project/job with supervision of personnel.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of facility permit, DOT packaging requirements and exempts as well as expanded knowledge of waste routing and disposal, Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift and possesses safe driving record.
- Key Competencies (Non-technical Behavioral Skills, i.e. presentation, negotiation, customer service skills), you may just list the most important 7-10, in priority order:
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others, either internally or externally, and to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate various equipment throughout plant, e.g., two-wheeled hand dolly, conveyor system, dock plate, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to wear PPE properly and sustain a steady work pace over an entire shift.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a problem solver and adapt to change quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete various paperwork requirements properly.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform functions safely and productively and according to established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates an operational knowledge of tools, equipment and tasks on job.
- Demonstrates the ability to conduct and lead daily safety meetings.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.