Environmental Driver Specialist III – SPak Retail CDL B
- 2850 100th Ct NE, Blaine, MN 55449, USA
Environmental Solutions is a leading provider of environmental and regulated waste management solutions. We provide a strengthened infrastructure and a broad portfolio of services for customers who generate regulated waste in virtually any industry. Customers receive innovative and sustainable solutions that safeguard the environment, protect people and keep their organizations compliant.
The ES III works on-site at various retail stores and perform two functions, applying all applicable federal and state laws and DOT, EPA and DEA regulations: 1) Characterize segregate, package and document various types of retail hazardous waste and 2) Characterize, segregate, package, and document various types of pharmaceutical waste. This position is also responsible for the preparation of all appropriate and required documentation to meet State, EPA, DOT and EPA regulations.
Key Job Activities: List the ongoing day-to-day essential job responsibilities in priority order (it is not necessary to list every activity; you may just list the most important 7 – 10. Indicate the estimated percent-age of time spent on each of these activities.
- Travel between customer retail facilities, through assigned territory.
- Provide services related to managing retail hazardous waste and pharmaceutical waste as well as characterizing hazardous, regulated, and non-hazardous waste.
- Properly process lab packs and prepare manifests and LDR’s for hazardous waste shipment (according to State, EPA & DOT regulations).
- Maintain / manage own expenses and travel schedule to ensure customers are serviced on a regular and timely basis. Manage route to maintain compliance with 10 day transfer schedules.
- Provide training and support for customers on processes, findings and regulatory compliance.
- Provides written and verbal reports to customer and supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Scope of Work: Briefly describe the level/type of contacts that will interact with the position; impact of the position on the business, level/type of authority, independence, complexity, analysis, judgment and decisions; and number of people reporting to this position and their titles.
Contacts (Internal/External): Contact with all levels of Customers on a daily basis.
Regular contact with many different levels of personnel.
Other: This position works completely independently and provides technical and work direction to lower level team members.
This person is first and foremost a Hazwoper trained technician capable of on-site waste characterization, packing and generation of all required documents, driving a truck, not a truck driver who only picks up hazardous waste.
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
- Education equivalent to Associate’s Degree in chemistry/biology or a minimum of four years of industry experience is required. Chemistry experience is a plus.
- Four or more years of waste characterization and sorting hazardous waste required.
- CDL Class B required as well as Hazmat endorsement (HazWoper) is also require for transporting waste.
- TWIC endorsement and DEA certification required.
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of RCRA and DOT Regulations as it relates to waste characterization and the transportation of hazardous waste.
- Demonstrates the ability to properly placard vehicle, label waste for transport and complete shipping paperwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Key Competencies (Non-technical Behavioral Skills, i.e. presentation, negotiation, customer service skills), you may just list the most important 7-10, in priority order:
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and understand customer needs; takes appropriate actions to ensure customer needs are met and proactively searches ways to increase customer satisfaction,
- Must be able to work efficiently and independently. Demonstrates ability to manage own time and schedule to get work accomplished and meet customer needs. Identify specific activities required to accomplish objectives, rank them in order of importance and coordinate and take action to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrates the ability to persist with a specific course of action. Must be willing to commit the necessary time and effort to complete work assignments and do a quality job.
- Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and ability to review work for accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to create and maintain a high level of professionalism, confidence and accountability with customers.
- Demonstrates the highest level of Company ethics and values at all times.
- Demonstrates the ability to promote Company services and values in a positive, professional manner at all times.
Other (i.e. physical requirements, travel, etc. that is not covered above:
Position requires the following physical activity:
- Balancing – ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium frequently
- Climbing – occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps and the like using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized
- Crouching – occasionally bend the body down-ward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Fingering – frequently type with the fingers, and/or separate pages of documents, etc,
- Grasping – constantly apply pressure to an object with the fingers and palm
- Hearing – constantly perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
- Kneeling – constantly bend legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees
- Lifting – frequently raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position
- Pulling – frequently use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion
- Pushing – frequently use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward
- Reaching – frequently extend hand (s) and arm (s) in any direction
- Repetitive motion – occasional substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Seeing – constantly use visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations
- Sitting – occasionally sit for sustained periods of time
- Standing – occasionally stand for sustained periods of time
- Stooping – occasionally bend body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Talking – frequently expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Walking – constantly move about on foot to accomplish tasks
- Visual acuity - Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as, preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, filing papers, operating a vehicle, etc.
- Position requires extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and push/ or pull carts weighing up to 500 pounds.
- Must be able to travel a significant amount of time within geographic assignment which may include overnight trips. Frequency and duration will vary.
The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving vehicles, electrical current, and exposure to chemicals. Use of company-provided personal protective equipment is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.