- 350 Poplar Church Rd, Camp Hill, PA 17011, USA
Harsco Corporation is a diversified, global engineered products and services company serving the worldwide environmental, steel, railway and energy sectors. We have an unrivalled breadth of experience across the globe and an impressive reputation stretching back more than a century. Based in Camp Hill, PA, with more than 13,000 employees and the company operates in more than 30 countries.
Harsco's services and products directly support worldwide industries that are fundamental to economic growth, from steel mills to railroads, natural gas and energy.
Compiles payroll data used to process payroll for US and Canadian employees. Maintains payroll records by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile payroll data from timesheets and other records.
- Prepare and process payrolls.
- Review calculated hours, wages, deductions and taxes.
- Processes weekly payroll files to general ledger.
- Provide Customer Service to internal and external customers with a sense of urgency via email, phone, written request or in person.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Requires effective planning, prioritization and organizational skills, originality and flexibility in setting up, maintaining, and controlling rigid deadlines and schedules.
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years payroll processing experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook; advanced Excel skills to include pivots, vlookups and formulas.
- Ability to calculate gross to net paycheck.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local payroll tax regulations.
- System oriented and previous experience with an automated, integrated payroll system.
- Knowledge of related financial areas (tax, general ledger, treasury, etc.) and the impact that changes or problems in the payroll cycle will have on those areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees (including management).
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- FPC or CPP certification a plus.
- Familiar with accounting and payroll software such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, JDEdwards, ADP, Ceridian or others.
- Experience in writing reports and developing procedures.
We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Harsco is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.