Class A CDL Driver
- NA, Pensacola, Florida, United States
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste companies in the United States providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material, and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast portfolio of technologies and services touches nearly every industry that generates waste including energy, infrastructure, commercial, industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.
Everyday Clean Earth takes a hands-on, dedicated approach to recycling and beneficially reusing waste that would otherwise go into landfills. Allow our team of experts to provide a customized waste disposal and recycling solution for your company, tailored to your needs, and your goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Safely and timely transport hazardous waste, non-hazardous waste, & general freight within North America.
- Follow all local, State, Federal, FMCSA, and company safety guidelines.
- Communicate with dispatch via phone, text, and or email.
- Communicate demurrage, violations, accidents, concerns & any issues with a shipment to dispatch immediately.
- Communicate equipment issues with fleet maintenance
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training must be completed, and HAZWOPER refresher course must be attended annually.
- Attend all safety meetings.
- Always represent a positive and professional attitude and appearance & obey all safety procedures while loading and unloading at customers, suppliers, and other business associate’s locations.
- The customer is always right attitude
- Always keep trucks and equipment in good clean working order.
- Assist in loading, unloading, & labeling when necessary.
- Perform Pre & Post trip equipment functions.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- 1st shift position Monday-Friday with overtime hours available.
- Perform related work and additional duties as requested/assigned by supervisor
- Ensure that documents are accurate, i.e.: Manifests, BOLs, etc.
- Ensure that materials arrive to facility safely, secured and within compliance.
- Assist in the warehouse production when needed.
Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements
- Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement and at least 2 years of verifiable driving experience.
- Current DOT Physical & Physical Card.
- Clean MVR with no Major violations in the past 2 years.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Clean Earth offers salaries commensurate with experience and an excellent benefit package with a 401(k) with company matching.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law.