Sales Representative - Aftermarket
- 2401 Edmund Hwy, West Columbia, SC 29170, USA
Harsco is recognized for technical leadership and worldwide experience in virtually all major aspects of railway track maintenance. We enable railroads to operate at peak efficiency over smooth, precisely aligned track that increases railway safety while reducing fuel consumption and other key operating costs. Our broad array of equipment and services support every type of railway operator, from major national and international railway systems, to short lines and high-speed urban transit networks.
As an Aftermarket Sales Representative at Harsco Rail you are an integral part of our Sales team, responsible for calling and quoting perspective and established customers to sell aftermarket products and services.
This position provides an excellent entry path to outside sales. Some examples of the work you might do include:
- Serving as the main point of contact between specific customers and Harsco Rail regarding aftermarket parts and services with the goal of increasing sales of aftermarket products.
- Proactively generate new sales within the existing customer base
- Maintain working relationships with existing customers.
- Assist outside sales with customer satisfaction and retention.
- Determine and take appropriate action required for customer orders and concerns.
- Manage the entire sales order cycle from quoting through invoicing.
- Capture accurate and complete information in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Responsible to monitor competitive activity and trends
- Promote change and continuous improvement.
- Backup team members when required.
- Follow up on existing inquires and past orders to further increase sales.
- Perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field required.
- 2+ years of working experience in a sales environment and/or with customers. Preference given to those with railroad/industrial experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of market pricing and competition preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
- Teamwork/facilitates collaboration
- Customer focus
- Integrity & trust
- Continuous improvement
- Accountability/drive for results
- Planning & organizing/project management
- Critical thinking/learning agility
“We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.”