SQL Server Database Administrator
- Kansas City, US, Kansas City, MO
Harmonia (www.harmonia.com) is a rapidly growing, award-winning HUBZone-certified woman-owned company delivering cutting edge innovative technology solutions to federal agencies and commercial clients. We have been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in the US for the past 5 years running and were selected to be on the Fed 100 this year. Every bit of our success is the result of a team of incredibly talented, dedicated and focused professionals who are the heart and soul of Harmonia!
With offices across the country, Harmonia offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, productive work environment. Benefits include paid gym membership, comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, 401(k) savings plan, and vacations and holidays. Harmonia is seeking individuals for a federal client in the Kansas City area to join our growing team of professionals.
- Maintains optimal database performance and optimizes application query performance, security, accessibility, reliability, and integrity of the data.
- Writes simple and complex SQL queries and scripts.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application data requirements.
- Serves as subject matter expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of a particular area, such as Application/Database/Server/SAN/Network performance monitoring and the tools that support monitoring activities, such as Precise i3, SQL Server Management Data Warehouse (MDW), Data collector, Server and database health monitoring scripts.
- Develops workload tracking and archival processes of server and database activity using sql server extended_events.
- Creates, modifies and manages database schemas, stored procedures, triggers, views, indexes, keys, constraints, partitions, and all required database objects.
- Migrates database files and structures; configures replication; extracts data to non-database files; promotes database object changes through ad hoc requests, platform and host upgrades or migrations, and planned system releases.
- Forecasts the server, space, capacity, and performance resources needed for future upgrades and migrations by collecting the current statistics in these areas and presenting them again in detailed documentation to management. Uses dynamic sql for several tasks involved in server migration process.
- Assists in the research, evaluation and recommendation of RDMS, data-related technology, and data utility software packages.
- Supports application development and COTS implementation through integrated project work group meetings, data modeling, code reviews, and system reviews for quality and performance, Integration testing, Certification testing, Stress Lab testing, and Production deployments, Disaster Recovery planned exercises and real disaster database recovery efforts.
- Develop scripts and maintain data for all the performance metrics and send alerts based on those metrics. Uses DMV’s extensively, trace profiler, extended events, data collector, perfmon and i3 monitoring tool for capturing the server and database metrics in all aspects. Generates reports, graphs and charts based on the metrics collected.
- Implements Replication and CDC on large databases and manages them efficiently while performing new schema changes and during large data change processes with no impact to downstream systems that retrieve data using these sql server technologies.
- Evaluates, defines, and audits database security protocols based on business and database administration needs.
- Develops secure database access/permission strategies and provides data user access
- Provides documentation of code, models, procedures, jobs, processes, implementation and deployment plans, alerts, and all artifacts necessary for achieving database administration tasks.
- Maintains information within the assigned tools and complies with standards and policies.
- Supports transfer of knowledge to Client’s technical staff.
- Develop extensive monitoring scripts and setup alerts to manage sql servers and databases from any issues related to performance, space, resource usage, database access, structural changes and server restarts.
- Develops maintenance scripts, scripts to track database schema changes, and develops and maintains SSIS package for identifying non existing users in servers across all environments based on requests submitted in internal SharePoint site from security team for login deletion process.
- Works with management and developers in providing quick resolutions during critical production issues, mainly performance related fixes. This involves quick query tuning and index tuning to improve performance or fix blocking and deadlock issues during major batch processes.
We are looking for Master, Senior, and Journeyman levels.
- Master Level - A minimum of 9 years of experience in Enterprise level multi-platform database administration, supporting full life cycle development including data analysis, design, development, installation, and integration.
- Senior Level - A minimum of 6 years of experience in Enterprise level multi-platform database administration, supporting full life cycle development including data analysis, design, development, installation, and integration.
- Journeyman Level - A minimum of 2 years of experience in Enterprise level multi-platform database administration, supporting full life cycle development including data analysis, design, development, installation, and integration.
BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or IT Field. The equivalent of a Master’s Degree is three (3) years additional experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.