Web Developer - Entry Level
At Hardin Design & Development, we are passionate about creating awesome software, web applications and mobile for our customers. We work with everyone, from startups to the Fortune 500 companies, and take the same degree of pride in our work no matter the client. Our designers create elegant, easy to use interfaces and our developers bring cutting edge expertise to our projects, with an eye for quality, security and bug-free code.
We'd love for you to check out some of our favorite projects featured in our portfolio and read about how we've helped our clients accomplish their technology goals. Visit our website, check us out on Facebook and Twitter @HardinDD and apply to join the Hardin Team today
ON SITE ONLY. Our company is open to hybrid models and remote work with trusted long term employees, but new hires must start out working from our Madison office.
This is an entry-level web developer position at Hardin Design & Development.
From the top down, our staff adapt quickly and confidently “wear a lot of hats”, and we highly value that in potential new team members. We believe strongly in choosing the right tool for the job, so our projects can vary widely in the tech stacks we use. We’re looking for individuals with diverse skill sets that share our passion for learning, growing, and making new things work.
We believe that the best way to grow as developers is by tackling new experiences head-on, and our staff, past and present, can attest to that. Even as an entry-level position, you’ll be expected to fully participate in all aspects of the development process. Responsibilities include web application design and development, daily interaction with clients, and application planning and implementation.
As a full-time (40 hr/wk) position, we are proud to offer an in-network POS healthcare plan with minimum co-pays through Quartz as well as a retirement package. As multiple time winners of Madison Magazine’s Best Places to Work Award, we also offer an easy-going work atmosphere with a casual dress code, game room, and a large open office right in the heart of Madison’s East Washington corridor. There is also the opportunity for career advancement within the company.
A college degree in computer science or related field is preferred, but not required. Other combinations of training and/or experience which can be demonstrated to result in possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities that are needed to perform the tasks of this position will also be considered.
- A solid base-level understanding of basic algorithms and data structures, as well as how to implement/use them is required. A good candidate should also have in-depth proficiency in one or more programing languages.
While not strict requirements for this role, we consider it a plus if a candidate has experience in the following:
- Experience maintaining infrastructure hosted by Amazon Web Services or a similar cloud provider is a plus.
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates with experience working with any common front-end frameworks (ReactJS, VueJS, Angular, etc.) or back-end frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, Express in Node.js, Django in Python, etc.).
- Experience with CI/CD solutions.
- Experience with Docker
- Design, browser compatibility, a demonstration of strong technical proficiency, breadth of knowledge, the ability to learn quickly, and a strong desire to grow as a developer.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot provide Visa sponsorship. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.