Senior Clojure Software Engineer (Remote)
- San Francisco, CA
Halo Group is a premier provider of IT talent. We place technology experts within the teams of the world’s leading companies to help them build innovative businesses that keep them one step closer to their customers and one step ahead of the competition. We offer a meaningful work environment for employees, attractive and interesting engagements for consultants, and cutting-edge digital innovation for our customers.
Since its inception, Halo Group has been recognised for numerous awards, including:
- INC 5000
- Future 50
- 101 Best and Brightest
- Michigan 50 Companies to Watch
- Goldline Research - “Most Dependable Companies”
- Ernst & Young - “Entrepreneur of the Year” Finalist
We currently have an immediate need for a Senior Clojure Software Engineer that is familiar with OO and ideally functional programming, microservices, distributed systems, Linux, latest deployment methodologies and tools, and has experience in modeling complex business domains. (S)he will also be responsible for leading other developers in architecture, design and modern engineering practices. We have a mixed platform environment with the focus in Linux-based and open source technologies.
This role will help create and execute technical strategy, will fully own applications from design to operations, and will aid in improving standards and practices via source control, testing, deployment, support.
- A minimum of 5-10 years software development experience working in complex software environments. Experience with Clojure programming is strongly desired.
- 5+ years of experience with distributed and/or microservice application architectures
- Ability to produce efficient, scalable, clean code that is resilient and maintainable
- Outstanding performance tuning and troubleshooting skills required.
- Demonstrated experience working directly and/or face-to-face with end users and/or business stakeholders to ship software
- Ability to understand business goals, recognize client needs and link them to specific technical solutions.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Expertise in JVM languages or CLR languages.
- Expertise in development on Linux platform
- Experience with infrastructure as a service such as AWS is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.