Contracted Field Services Engineer/Deskside Support
- 721 Central Ave W, Clarion, IA 50525, USA
Hagie Manufacturing is a leader in the agricultural industry in providing crop protection solutions to customers in the form of high clearance sprayers. For over 70 years Hagie Manufacturing has operated with integrity, putting the company and employees' best interests ahead of their own.
Deskside engineers are direct customer-facing technicians who provide Level 2 support for the desktop environment including deployment of Desktops/Laptops and when applicable smart hands for physical server/network equipment installation, configuration, application installation, troubleshooting, incident and request handling.
- Provide Level 2 technical assistance and support, and resolve problems related to the use of computer hardware and software for end users.
- Analyze, resolve, respond to, and document end user inquiries
- Install desktop/Laptop software using approved tools
- Troubleshoot operating system
- Troubleshoot connection issues with LAN/WAN
- Update all Service Tickets with accurate and timely records of work performed, and resolution details
- Maintain and contribute to a knowledge base
- Coordinate hardware warranty repair
- Escalate to 3rd party vendors when necessary
- Responsible for raising and coordinating problem management issues
- Perform additional tasks (end user/infra related) when required
- Participate in end user computing projects
- Perform initial triage of printer issues and engage proper teams for resolution
- Strong understanding and skills in SLA, KPI Management
- Lifecycle Management of End User Devices
- Provide Conference Room Support including Video Conference Equipment
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 3 years of experience providing IT support services required, end user support experience preferred
- Experience in factory/manufacturing environment desirable and preferred
- Must have hardware repair experience for end user devices including desktops, laptops, engineering workstations, printers, scanners, etc.
- Experienced in Active Directory user administration, OS imaging processes, ticketing, SW installation and imaging tools, automated help desk systems, troubleshooting in the Windows desktop environment (networking, OS, Microsoft Office suite, PC hardware, printers), network and local printer installation
- Basic understanding of SCCM client troubleshooting
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, Windows Security (Share and NTFS permissions).
- Extensive knowledge Windows OS and related configuration.
- Basic knowledge of Servers, Switches, Routers, and Data Center related HW
- Basic knowledge of Backup technologies
- Ability to work in a team-oriented multi tower and vendor environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet contractual SLA
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing and new processes and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic IT environment.
- Ability to handle and safeguard confidential information
- Must have customer facing support experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver services on time, demonstrate strong customer service skills, and achieve a high degree of end user satisfaction
- Ability to convey technical issues and material to non-technical end users and managers
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to lift equipment for ‘rack and stack’ services (server, router, switch, UPS devices, etc)
- Must be able to assist with team lifts of up to 90 lbs.
- Abillity to walk long distances within warehouses or manufacturing facilities
- Will often work in dirty, dusty, hot or cold (beyond average room temperature) environments
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and/or use scissor lifts and safety harnesses
- Some services may require periods of time on hand and knees to install equipment (under desks, inside small spaces, etc)
- HS Graduate or equivalent as a minimum
- Diploma or degree in IT preferred
- ITIL and/or any other additional certification preferred
- HP Certification must be obtained with 90 days of hire
- CompTia or A+ certification is required within 90 day of hire
The applicant hired for this position WILL NOT be considered a FT employee of Hagie Manufacturing.
This position is considered as a contracted role in which the applicant will be employed directly through Cognizant and work may be performed at Hagie as well as other John Deere locations. To apply for this position please access this link provided: https://careers.cognizant.com/global/en