Hydraulics Design Engineer
- 721 Central Ave W, Clarion, IA 50525, USA
Hagie Manufacturing is a leader in the agricultural industry in providing crop protection solutions to customers in the form of high clearance sprayers. For over 70 years Hagie Manufacturing has operated with integrity, putting the company and employees' best interests ahead of their own.
Located in Clarion, Iowa, Hagie employs nearly 305 team members. We continuously focus on finding employees who are positive, motivated and determined to propel our company forward with innovative thinking, optimistic attitudes, and encouraging teamwork. Our success has been a result of our engaged employees that aim to grow, and who are in it for the bigger picture.
We invite you to learn more about the Hagie Employee Experience.
Hagie Manufacturing is seeking a qualified candidate to be part of our Engineering team as a Hydraulics Design Engineer in Clarion, IA. This position will perform basic product design, testing and/or analysis work for a defined portion of a project. Primary responsibility for providing new or improving existing hydraulic design for the machine/project tasks that they are assigned. Basic understanding of vehicle layout and how the different systems function together. Responsible for supporting new designs with all functional groups through implementation. Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews. Develops recommendations within established guidelines; work and decisions are reviewed by supervisors before implementation. The candidate will need to effectively collaborate with others in engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, customer support, and product management to help make all facets of the design cycle work efficiently when it comes to hydraulics. The candidate will manage tasks inside the projects to complete on planned time and at or below cost.
- Applies existing applications to routine problems.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications. This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
- Skill in using company information systems and processes. - Has a general understanding of the principles and uses the knowledge with assistance.
- Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools. - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Knowledge of the Enterprise Product Development Process (EPDP) and/or Customer Acquisitions Process (CAP). - Has a general understanding of the principles and uses the knowledge with assistance.
- Understanding of engineering principles as they relate to the company product - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Fundamental understanding of machine forms relevant to the specific job assignment and Company division/unit. Knowledge/familiarity with machines manufactured by competitors. - Has a general understanding of the principles and uses the knowledge with assistance.
- Willing to be an expert in the hydraulic field at Hagie—this includes creating the schematics from scratch for the initial phase of design all the way to being the go-to person when it comes to trouble-shooting the system.
- Experienced at hydraulic system/component design (product knowledge,design process, design tools)
- Mobile Equipment Hydraulic experience or Mobile Equipment Design understanding is a big plus
- Engineering experience. - 1 - 3 years
- Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems. - 1 - 3 years
- Product engineering experience. - Less than 1 year
- Experience with engineering tools, systems and databases. - 1 - 3 years
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems. - Less than 1 year
- Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience. - University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
- Degree in a Science discipline or equivalent experience. - University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
- Degree in an Agricultural Sciences discipline or equivalent experience. - University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
*** Previous experience and knowledge with Hydraulic design and systems will be highly considered such as Internship and Co-op, other previous employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.