Fabricator/Machinist (Future Consideration Only)
- 721 Central Ave W, Clarion, IA 50525, USA
Hagie Manufacturing is a leader in the agricultural industry in providing crop protection solutions to customers in the form of high clearance sprayers. For over 70 years Hagie Manufacturing has operated with integrity, putting the company and employees' best interests ahead of their own.
Located in Clarion, Iowa, Hagie employs nearly 305 team members. We continuously focus on finding employees who are positive, motivated and determined to propel our company forward with innovative thinking, optimistic attitudes, and encouraging teamwork. Our success has been a result of our engaged employees that aim to grow, and who are in it for the bigger picture.
We invite you to learn more about the Hagie Employee Experience.
Hagie Manufacturing is seeking a qualified candidates to be part of our Fabrication team as a Fabricator/Machinist in Clarion, IA. At this time there is no openings in our Fabrication department, but in the event of a opening will be seeking interested candidates.
This position will operate various fabrication and CNC machining equipment. Equipment may include but is not limited to, CNC CO2 Laser, CNC mill, CNC lathe, CNC saw, drill press and press brakes. You will also help identify safety, quality, and productivity opportunities and work with team leaders to implement best practice procedures. This position reports directly to the Fabrication Manager.
- Fabricate precision production parts, using metalworking machines such as CNC lathe, CNC milling machine, CNC CO2 lasers, CNC saws, press brakes and drill presses.
- Examine parts for conformance with dimensional specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Able to perform daily maintenance inspections and basic preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Able to input production data into computer system.
- Able to read blue prints.
- Mechanical aptitude and fabrication experience.
- Recommend fabrication solutions to engineers.
- Keep fab area clean and well organized
- 1+ year of experience using CNC fabrication equipment
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or shop environment is a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, repetitively if needed
- Proficient using precision measuring equipment
- Attention to detail and strong sense of urgency
- Must have excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Must demonstrate independent problem solving skills
- Ability to work alone or in a group
- Self-motivation and comfort working in a fast paced environment is a must
- Proficient with Microsoft
- Good organizational skills and a desire to succeed
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changes, and plan ahead.
This position is eligible for a $500 Sign-On Bonus