Weld Quality Technician
- 721 Central Ave W, Clarion, IA 50525, USA
Hagie Manufacturing is a leader in the agricultural industry in providing crop protection solutions to customers in the form of high clearance sprayers. For over 70 years Hagie Manufacturing has operated with integrity, putting the company and employees' best interests ahead of their own.
Located in Clarion, Iowa, Hagie employs nearly 305 team members. We continuously focus on finding employees who are positive, motivated and determined to propel our company forward with innovative thinking, optimistic attitudes, and encouraging teamwork. Our success has been a result of our engaged employees that aim to grow, and who are in it for the bigger picture.
We invite you to learn more about the Hagie Employee Experience.
Hagie Manufacturing is seeking a qualified candidate to be part of our Quality team as a Weld Quality Technician in Clarion, IA. This position will inspect components and assemblies, resolve Quality Tickets, support Hagie Internal Quality processes. This position requires candidates with significant welding experience, with the focus on MIG welding along with training and problem-solving abilities. This position reports directly to the Quality Supervisor.
- Live by the Hagie values and perform the job with Safety as a value.
- Inspect material for acceptance when addressing a Quality Inspection Ticket and purchased parts as needed.
- Proactively look for root cause of Non-Conformances & communicate to stake holders to ensure timely resolution and communicate effectively to contain the problem and prevent re- occurrences.
- Create process documents, reports, and quality control sheets as assigned by given deadline.
- Use computer software to review Engineering Changes, bill of material structure, and access prints from design.
- Support Supplier quality engineers through DPAR process.
- Work with the weld ME group to develop best processes for manufacturing new parts on ECNs and PDP parts.
- Works with ROMER Technician to validate Weld Fixtures.
- Proactive Engagement with overall Continuous Improvement activities including presenting to team on quality metrics and drive solutions for tickets.
- Knowledge of DTAC (Dealer Technical Assistance Center) system. - Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.
- Knowledge of products, customers, markets and competitors. - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Knowledge in engineering principles, theory and practice as well as product knowledge. - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Knowledge of enterprise processes to include enterprise product delivery process (EPDP), enterprise order fulfillment process (EOFP), enterprise customer acquisition process (ECAP) and customer support process (CSP). - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written, verbal and electronic communication methods.
- Ability to interpret blue prints/work instructions to determine design intent.
- Fully trained in understanding weld inspection training .
- Experience with welding in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience with Paint (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office – specifically Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Data Analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented
- Driven to serve internal and external customers.
- Must have an ability to multi task and prioritize the several things that need done at once.
- Experience with welding, metal fabrication, paint highly desired.
- Hours flex based on the schedule of the assembly line and coverage needed. Including Saturdays as needed.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.