Electrostatic Painter (Future Consideration Only)
- 721 Central Ave W, Clarion, IA 50525, USA
Hagie Manufacturing is a leader in the agricultural industry in providing crop protection solutions to customers in the form of high clearance sprayers. For over 70 years Hagie Manufacturing has operated with integrity, putting the company and employees' best interests ahead of their own.
Located in Clarion, Iowa, Hagie employs nearly 305 team members. We continuously focus on finding employees who are positive, motivated and determined to propel our company forward with innovative thinking, optimistic attitudes, and encouraging teamwork. Our success has been a result of our engaged employees that aim to grow, and who are in it for the bigger picture.
We invite you to learn more about the Hagie Employee Experience.
Hagie Manufacturing is seeking a qualified candidate to be part of our high performing Paint team in Clarion, IA. The paint department is comprised of twelve substations that take Hagie products through a series of steps ending in quality paint coverage with accurate kitting of product. All painters are expected to be cross trained and perform other jobs within the department.
- Primer and Paint Booth Station: Responsible for preparing product for initial and final coats of paint while ensuring that finish paint coverage meets Hagie Paint and Surface standards. The candidate must demonstrate knowledge of the spray equipment including fluid and air settings, positioning, techniques, and procedures in all coating positions, and the ability to perform rework as necessary including blending.
- Will thoroughly clean all painting equipment and assigned areas, as required to maintain proper working order and clean working environment.
- Will perform ongoing minor troubleshooting and maintenance of spray equipment, guns, air supply and other equipment necessary to perform job duties.
Additional Department Responsibilities:
- Responsible for loading the product on the paint line conveyor system via hoists or other available methods of material handling. Additionally, smaller parts are manually loaded onto a conveyor system. Employees are responsible for quality inspection of the product as they prepare it for loading on the moving line; line moves at about 9 to 10 feet per minute.
- Wash/Dry/Surface Prep: Put product on and take product off line
- Off Loading: Responsible for removing product from moving conveyor or booth transferring product to carts or pallets, and attaching appropriate paperwork for final distribution in the plant.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. As a member of a team, this person should possess solid interpersonal skills, flexibility, organizational skills, and the desire to succeed.
- Ability to work an on-call schedule seasonally if required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and engineering prints.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure…using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions to include written correspondence, email, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to learn and utilize business systems to include XA Browser, Green Screen, and Catavolt.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Other skills and abilities include time management, the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, strong customer orientation, strong team player abilities, and a commitment to company values.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 16 feet on ladders and portable stairs.
- Must have, or be able to obtain forklift certification.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.