Custom Solutions Engineer
- 721 Central Ave W, Clarion, IA 50525, USA
Hagie Manufacturing is a leader in the agricultural industry in providing crop protection solutions to customers in the form of high clearance sprayers. For over 70 years Hagie Manufacturing has operated with integrity, putting the company and employees' best interests ahead of their own.
Located in Clarion, Iowa, Hagie employs nearly 305 team members. We continuously focus on finding employees who are positive, motivated and determined to propel our company forward with innovative thinking, optimistic attitudes, and encouraging teamwork. Our success has been a result of our engaged employees that aim to grow, and who are in it for the bigger picture.
We invite you to learn more about the Hagie Employee Experience.
Hagie Manufacturing is seeking a qualified candidate to be part of our Engineering team as a Custom Solutions Engineer in Clarion, IA. This position would evaluate custom option requests from customers conveyed by dealers through the sales organization and evaluate feasibility, complexity and risk of executing the project. Once approved by leadership, this position would design, create a bill of material and a cost analysis, conduct testing and create documentation to support this feature once sold. This position must work closely with the other engineering functional leads to ensure compatibility of their design with all current features/options as well as look forward to bringing this new feature into a production environment. This position also must work closely with production on meeting ship and delivery guidelines while not having any direct authority on workers to complete the work necessary. All designs must consider the true customer needs and delivering a solution that exceeds their expectations, while coming in on cost, quality, schedule and functionality.
- Leads in resolution of product-line based difficult technical issues whether within the company or with outside suppliers.
- Must lead without authority a team to ensure parts are sourced or built, assembled, tested and documented by required ship date.
- Supervises the implementation of a project to ensure that the project goals are met.
- Exchanges necessary information with other functional groups, including Engineering leads, OFP, Supply Management and Production.
- Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems. - 4 - 7 years
- Product engineering experience. - 4 - 7 years
- Product engineering management experience. - Less than 1 year
- Product or service development leadership experience, such as running a major product or service program. - 1 - 3 years
- Product design experience. - 1 - 3 years
- Product design, test and/or analysis experience. - 1 - 3 years
- Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools. - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Knowledge of Product Delivery Process programs. - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Knowledge of industry Product Verification & Validation processes and execution methodologies. - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Degree in a Business/Management discipline or equivalent experience. - Technical degree or apprenticeship (1-2 years or equivalent)
- Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience. - Technical degree or apprenticeship (1-2 years or equivalent)
- Degree in a Science discipline or equivalent experience. - University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
- Degree in an Agricultural Sciences discipline or equivalent experience. - University Degree (4 years or equivalent)