Experienced -- Go -- backend developer
- Jean-Monnet-Straße, 10557 Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
HYGH is a fast growing company for digital out of home advertising. Some call us the Airbnb of digital advertising because we are turning the old OOH monopoly upside down. For the first time, entrepreneurs of any size and with any budget can book DOOH advertising in an affordable, fast and precisely targeted way. HYGH is the platform to give people and their business ideas local visibility in urban cities and enables them to expose their visions.
We are looking for a strong backend developer/problem solver with expert knowledge in Go (lang).
Once here you will:
- Shape the backend development on a growing & live project
- Coordinate with the frontend and design team to guide implementation
- Support the product manager to prioritize tasks and deliver on time
- Implement integrations for other Digital out of Home companies
- Ensure the stability of our platform by finding bugs and fixing them
- Develop and try solutions for different tasks, quickly evaluate results and leave only those solutions that work.
- Work in a collaborative team setting
What you will bring:
- In-depth experience in developing backends for web apps using Go(lang)
- Knowledge in how the web works; you enjoyed reading https://github.com/alex/what-happens-when
- Outstanding communication and coordination skills; you can quickly find missing specifications and edge cases in tasks, and proactively talk to frontend and product people to close them
- Documentation; it's not just a word that makes you look in another direction
- Good DevOps skills; you like getting your hands dirty on Linux, AWS, Docker, CI pipelines
- Solid understanding of version control in general, and experience in working in a collaborative team setting using git in particular
- Be ‘results driven’ and realistically estimate the time to implement a feature. Meaning - when the feature is done, it’s done, including fixing all bugs.
- Have fun solving a variety of tasks
- Eager to learn new technologies on the job
- Willing to share your technical knowledge; enable others in the team to use and improve your solutions
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- A spacious and light flooded office space in Berlin Mitte, close to the main train station with lots of supermarkets and restaurants nearby.
- Remote work possible
- The opportunity to help shape a fast growing company in early growth stage
- Consideration on merit, competence, talent and qualifications.
Send your applications to hello[at]hygh.tech