Finance and Grant Administrator
HVAF of Indiana is seeking a Finance and Grant Administrator to help manage a variety of federal, state, and philanthropic grants. HVAF outsources finance and accounting services to a third-party vendor, and this position will work closely with the external accounting partner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides financial oversight for administration of grant funds, prepares grant claims, conducts routine monitoring including regular financial reconciliations
- Prepares grant budgets, budget amendments and related documents
- Assists in accounting for expenditures of grant funds, prepares program and financial reports for all grants, ensures timely submission for all required documents
- Maintain internal records for audit preparation, including organizing all grant agreements, contracts, and other necessary documents
- Assist with routine financial transactions, including processing invoices for payment, preparing supporting documents for accounts receivables and bank deposits, and other regular finance tasks
- Providing administrative support as needed, including as a back up for payroll processing as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent working experience
- Experience with federal grant requirements preferred
- Willingness to be flexible and cooperative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, experience with Sage Intacct preferred
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. This is not an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as necessary to complete the overall objectives of the HVAF of Indiana, Inc.’s mission.