Director of Education
The Evergreen Center is a private non-profit organization that provides living and learning environments for children and adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities including autism, physical disabilities, neurobehavioral disorders, and other special needs. The Evergreen Center welcomes all individuals from various backgrounds and experiences through cultural equity, inclusion, and diversity.
The Director of Education reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Acts as the Educational Administrator for the program
- Oversees the coordination of MCAS activities
- Attends training sponsored by the state educational licensing agency
- Assists in training classroom supervisors in the procedures of MCAS Alternate Assessments
- Reviews final preparation of MCAS Alternate Assessments prior to submission
- Participates in the identification of assessment and curriculum materials for review by the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
- Assists in monitoring DESE licensing issues and compliance documentation.
- Provides training, coaching, and support to Head Teachers and Residential Supervisors on IEP-related items (i.e. developing goals, writing objectives, quarterly reporting, etc.)
- Master's degree in special education, psychology, or a related field required, doctorate preferred
- Special Education Certification or Massachusetts Special Education Administrator license required
- Certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst preferred.
$5,000 Sign On Bonus!
Bilingual/Bicultural candidates are encouraged to apply.
Selection for employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other bases protected by law. Evergreen Center participates in E-Verify.