Community Nurse (RN/LPN) - Adult Supports
The Evergreen Center is a world-class private human services organization that provides living and learning environments for individuals with developmental disabilities diagnosed with multiple disabilities including Autism, physical disabilities, neurological problems and behavior disorders. Evergreen Center welcomes all individuals from various backgrounds and experiences through cultural equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Evergreen Center is seeking a part-time experienced Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) to provide nursing care at our adult support residences. They will be responsible for carrying out routine health care and first aid procedures, maintaining medical records, assessing and informing the Director of Health Services of emergency injuries or illnesses.
The community nurse reports directly to the Director of Health Services.
- Identifies health care needs of individuals and participates in the development, implementation and revision of Health Care Plans
- Monitors the health and safety issues within all program locations offering residential services
- Provides the initial orientation and ongoing in-service training of staff in the areas of health and safety needs, medical conditions, medical diagnosis and treatment plans
- Provides training and ongoing supervision of staff in the administration of medication
*This position is 16 hours per week with schedule flexibility.
- Current Massachusetts LPN or RN license
- Minimum of two (2) years LPN or RN experience required
- Bachelors degree or graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Experience working with people who have developmental disabilities
- Current malpractice insurance is required
Selection for employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other bases protected by law. Evergreen Center participates in E-Verify.