CONTINUOUS QUALITY ASSURANCE COORDINATOR
- Milford, MA, USA
Human Services Management Corporation (HSMC) provides shared business and consulting services to both non-profit and proprietary human services agencies. These services include accounting, payroll, third-party billing and collections, human resources, online and live Continuing Education, marketing, facility development and quality assurance programs.
We are currently seeking a Continuous Quality Assurance Coordinator!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a field pertaining to clinical needs of services monitored. Associate’s Degree and relevant work experience in Human Services will be considered.
Requires a minimum of three years clinical management experience in a human service environment. Requires a minimum of three years in a human services environment. Must have a high attention to detail, be extremely organized, able to multi-task and have very strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken and written word required. Those activities in which the individual must convey detailed or important spoken or written instructions and information to students, their families, staff, management personnel and public safety officials, accurately, loudly, or quickly. Must be able to communicate effectively. The ability to speak clearly and concisely, and to convey information or articulate an opinion is essential for this position. Must be comfortable speaking / presenting to an individual or to groups. The ability to convey your message in writing using proper grammar is a basic requisite for this position.
Knowledge of arithmetic and their applications, and ability to perform these mathematical operations.
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to tolerate interruptions and still be able to prioritize and focus to meet standards of quality in accuracy, attention to detail and time constraints. Ability to learn policies and procedures and apply them to various circumstances including the ability to interpret needs and respond in standardized situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Availability to work nights, and early mornings, and/or to travel on
an as needed basis. Must have knowledge of and previously used Microsoft Office Excel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Not Applicable
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
Sedentary Work. Exerting up to 40 pounds of force. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Visual Acuity. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data; viewing a computer screen, extensive reading.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee may be required to periodically stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may be required to occasionally climb or balance.
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The Continuous Quality Assurance Coordinator reports directly to the Continuous Quality Assurance Manager.
- Conduct regular audits of HSMC and its clients according to policies and procedures approved by the Executive Team.
- Conduct audits, reviews, or investigations on focused topics as needed at the direction of the Continuous Quality Assurance Manager and the Vice President of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports and analysis to the President and the Executive Team.
- Propose, design and implement strategies to audit achievement of processes, procedures, and projects relating to quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Design, implement and maintain databases, calendars, task lists, and related materials to inform the Executive Team of upcoming events and milestones.
- Draft, edit and produce policy manuals, procedural documents and similar materials sufficient to inform HSMC and client staff of adopted policies and procedures. Maintain policy and form updates in the DocsNow Portal.
- Research pertaining to consumer satisfaction, funding sources, regulatory requirements and such other projects as may be requested by HSMC clients.
- Assist the Continuous Quality Assurance Manager and the Vice President of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance to provide technical support/coordination to HSMC clients in the preparation of proposals for submission to foundations and funding agencies.
- Assist the Continuous Quality Assurance Manager and the Vice President of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance to provide technical support/coordination to HSMC clients in the preparation of licensing documents and readiness for licensing.
- Performs interim operating support for client programs during times of transition.
- Other reasonably related duties as may be assigned by the Continuous Quality Assurance Manager, the Vice President of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance and/or the President.
- Medical & Dental
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Tax Exempt Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Leave Benefits (Sick, Personal, Vacation)
- Voluntary Benefits
Selection for employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other bases protected by law.