Interim Vocational Instructor
- Milford, MA, USA
Evergreen Center in Milford is a world-class private human services organization that provides living and learning environments for individuals with developmental disabilities diagnosed with multiple disabilities including Autism, physical disabilities, neurological problems and behavior disorders. Evergreen believes children will develop to their maximum potential when instruction is woven through daily activities and living environments.
We have a current opening for an interim Vocational Instructor! This will be a temporary opportunity with the potential to go longer term or even permanent in a similar role!
$22.77-$27.25/hour commensurate with education and experience!
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Participates in the identification, development and refinement of a vocational curriculum for students with moderate and severe disabilities.
- Participates in the selection of appropriate resource materials for use by staff and students.
- Acts as a liaison with the community for the identification and assessment of volunteer or paid employment positions that may be applicable to the students enrolled at the Center.
- Acts as a resource teacher for the students in the development/implementation/monitoring of appropriate vocational services.
- Coordinates and completes vocational assessments for presentation at the annual IEP/ISP meetings.
- Provides supervision, training and monitoring of the Job Coach/Job Finder.
- Uses documented evaluation information, participates in the decision making process concerning placement of students in the vocational training program and determination of in class vocational opportunities, and collects data relative to performance on vocational tasks.
- Trains and supervises students working or volunteering in community placements.
- Participates in completing task analysis, picture activity schedules and/or procedures necessary for instruction of students in individual work/training situations.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Certification in Special Education preferred
- At least two (2) years of experience in the assessment, development and implementation of in house and community based vocational programming for persons with developmental disabilities
- Valid driver's license required
- Eligible to receive the COVID vaccine!
- Accrued sick time
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Potential to turn into a full time permanent opportunity with Evergreen Center!
Please visit our website at www.evergreenctr.org to learn more about our organization!
Selection for employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other bases protected by law. Evergreen Center participates in E-Verify.