Adaptive Physical Education Teacher
- Milford, MA, USA
The Evergreen Center is a world-class private human services organization that provides living and learning environments for individuals with developmental disabilities diagnosed with multiple disabilities including Autism, physical disabilities, neurological problems and behavior disorders. Evergreen believes children will develop to their maximum potential when instruction is woven through daily activities and living environments.
We are currently seeking an ADAPTIVE PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER to join our team of passionate and dedicated professionals.
- Plans and runs physical education classes for small groups of students, making adaptations for each students’ learning and motor needs
- Administers standardized and informal evaluations of student’s physical education needs
- Develops specific goals and objectives for appropriate students for inclusion in the Individual Education Plans
- Evaluates equipment needs, coordinates the acquisition and utilization of equipment, and oversees proper maintenance of equipment
- Collaborates with therapists (OT, PT, SLP) and educators to provide physical education and leisure that is adapted to each student’s ability level
- Opportunities to collaborate with another APE-Aquatics Teacher and to help develop and run programs in our new Aquatics and Fitness Center
- Medical & Dental
- 403(b) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Leave Benefits (Sick and Vacation)
- Voluntary Benefits
- Staff Morale Events (Six Flags, NYC, Foxwoods)
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Current MA Special Education certification in Physical Education is required
- Academic concentration or teaching experience in Adapted Physical Education is preferred
- Red Cross Life Guard Certification or a willingness to obtain the current certification is required
Please apply online by visiting our Online Job Center at www.evergreenctr.org.
Selection for employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other bases protected by law. Evergreen Center participates in E-Verify.