- Milford, MA, USA
For over 30 years, Human Services Management Corporation (HSMC) has been providing shared business and consulting services to both non-profit and proprietary human services agencies. These services include accounting, payroll, third-party billing and collections, human resources, training, credentialing, marketing, facility development and quality assurance programs.
We seek a strong staff accountant to join our Finance & Accounting team to support our clients and assist in delivering accurate and complete financial reports. Must have collaborative team spirit and positive attitude.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual closings including accounts reconciliations, proofs and other items required for preparation of financial packet and ensure compliance with established standards
- Prepare all journal entries necessary to provide financial statements for client companies on a monthly basis.
- Perform monthly, quarterly or yearly reconciliations, as appropriate, and detailed analysis on assigned accounts. Researching and resolving discrepancies as needed.
- Monthly invoicing of numerous state agencies and reconciliation to ledger.
- Timely preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Assist Accounting Manager with preparations of materials necessary for completion of annual audits and related filings, including any reports and schedules required by the external auditors.
- Assist Accounting Manager with the annual budgeting process by gathering information from the client and completing assigned supporting schedules.
- Act as a resource for the clients served by providing support and answering financial questions and researching and interpreting data.
- Assist with ad-hoc financial analysis and internal/external reporting for management and/or client companies.
- Any other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Vice President of Finance, Accounting Manager and/or the President.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with Accounting/Finance background is desired.
- At least 1-3 years of related experience, human services or health care a plus.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate with peers to complete projects/assignments.
- Ability to take initiative, follow tasks and assignments through to completion, and resolve issues efficiently. Be able to multi-task, prioritize, and meet established deadlines.
- Must possess a strong understanding of accounting principles (GAAP) and not-for-profit accounting.
- Medical & Dental
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
Please visit our website at www.hsmc.org to learn more about our organization!
Selection for employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other bases protected by law. HSMC participates in E-Verify.