Revenue Cycle / Third Party Cash Applications Specialist
- 321 Fortune Blvd, Milford, MA 01757, USA
Human Services Management Corporation (HSMC) provides shared business and consulting services to both non-profit and proprietary human services agencies. These services include accounting, payroll, third party billing and collections, human resources, online and live Continuing Education, marketing, facility development and quality assurance programs.
We are currently seeking a Third Party Cash Applications Specialist who will report to the Third Party Billing Manager. They will be responsible for the accurate and timely posting of the cash receipts to patient accounts for various payors within the established reimbursement cycle. They will also assist in the reprocessing of claims due to denials while posting insurance payments.
- Insuring claim information is complete and accurate (such as patient, insurance ID, diagnosis and treatment codes and modifiers, and provider information)
- Posting cash in multiple systems
- Performing daily and monthly reconciliation of cash posting to cash receipts
- Resolving discrepancies in the reconciliation process
- Posting monies, denials and contractual adjustments to patient accounts
- Organizing refund requests from insurance companies
- Responding to inquiries from insurance companies, patients and providers
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Health Care Administration preferred
- Successful completion of a program in medical billing preferred
- Current Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS) certification preferred
- Familiarity with accounting procedures as they relate to cash postings
- Experience in CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Must have ability to handle multiple and changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience with automated systems and multiple electronic reimbursement processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please visit our website at www.hsmc.org to learn more about our organization!
Selection for employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, martial status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other bases protected by law. HSMC participates in E-Verify.