Revenue Cycle Self Pay Collections Coordinator
- Milford, MA, USA
Human Services Management Corporation (HSMC) provides shared business and consulting services to both non-profit and proprietary human services agencies. These services include accounting, payroll, third party billing and collections, human resources, online and live Continuing Education, marketing, facility development and quality assurance programs.
HSMC is currently seeking a Third Party / Revenue Cycle Self Pay Collections Coordinator who will be responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting and to ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate. The Self Pay Collector will be responsible for daily generation of patient statements and be responsible for answering patient calls and correspondence while providing timely, accurate, professional responses and resolution.
- Accurate and timely follow up and resolution for all accounts receivable
- Meeting and maintaining cash collection metrics and goals
- Understands each payer contract and will utilize to ensure payments received are correct
- Manages insurance payers and/or patients on past due accounts
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year College or technical school; or two to five years’ experience in a medical office, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field; minimum of a high school diploma required
- Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology and health insurance billing
- A spirit of co-operation and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of working in finance and dealing with billing would be desirable
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential including the ability to relate to people at all levels
- Good spelling and grammar
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- A strong understanding of all Microsoft office packages, particularly Excel
Please visit our website at www.hsmc.org to learn more about our organization!
Selection for employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, martial status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other bases protected by law. HSMC participates in E-Verify.