- Littleton, MA, USA
The Evergreen Center is a world-class private human services organization that provides living and learning environments for individuals with developmental disabilities diagnosed with multiple disabilities including Autism, physical disabilities, neurological problems and behavior disorders. Evergreen's Adult Supports Division was created to provide a range of residential programs for adults with intellectual and developmental challenges served by the Commonwealth's Department of Developmental Services. The mission of the Adult Residential Supports Division is to support the individuals to make independent choices while pursuing a life centered in a community involvement.
The Evergreen Center is seeking Residential Counselors responsible for implementation of specific instructional activities and treatment programs as designated by the Individual Support Plans.
Responsibilities include the case management of one individual, the collection and recording of data regarding daily performance of individuals supported by the Division in defined instructional and behavioral areas, the supervision of instructional activities in the residence and community settings, and the monitoring of all aspects of the health and safety of individuals assigned to the residence.
Current openings in Littleton and Holliston.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with the individuals, their families, staff, management personnel and public safety officials
- Must have the ability to carry out written and oral instructions
- Must have considerable emotional and physical capacity
- In this position, you will be required to work at the Evergreen Center's group homes. All Evergreen Staff have a primary obligation to ensure the health, safety and educational advancement of our individuals.
- First and Second Shifts
- Shifts include at least one weekend day
Please visit our website at www.evergreenctr.org to learn more about our organization!
Selection for employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other bases protected by law.