Third Party Collections and Cash Applications Specialist
- Milford, MA, USA
Human Services Management Corporation (HSMC) provides shared business and consulting services to both non-profit and proprietary human services agencies. These services include accounting, payroll, third party billing and collections, human resources, online and live Continuing Education, marketing, facility development and quality assurance programs.
Human services agencies choose the shared business and management consulting services of Human Services Management Corporation (HSMC) so that they can effectively manage their resources and have the ability to focus more on the clinical aspects of their organizations. Our current clients include Evergreen Center, Beacon ABA Services, Criterion Child Enrichment, and Beacon Services of Connecticut.
HSMC is currently seeking a Third Party Collections and Cash Applications Specialist who will report to the Manager of Third Party Billing. They will be responsible for the accurate and timely posting of the cash receipts to the patients account for various payors within the established reimbursement cycle. They will also be responsible for the collection of these accounts.
- Insuring claim information is complete and accurate (such as patient, insurance ID, diagnosis and treatment codes and modifiers, and provider information)
- Posting cash in multiple systems
- Performing daily and monthly reconciliation of cash posting to cash receipts
- Resolving discrepancies in the reconciliation process
- Posting monies, denials and contractual adjustments to patient accounts
- Organizing refund requests from insurance companies
- Review Denials and partially paid claims and work with involved parties to resolve discrepancies
- Follow up on pending/outstanding claims to insure they are paid or corrected in a timely fashion
- Collects delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients, clients and other agencies as needed. Monitoring payments; following up when payment lapses occur.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Health Care Administration preferred
- Experience with ABA Specialties, Specialty Service Providers and Early Childhood Billing and Collections Experience will be a plus
- Successful completion of a program in medical billing preferred
- Current Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS) certification preferred
- Familiarity with accounting procedures as they relate to cash postings
- Basic excel skills
- Experience in CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Must have ability to handle multiple and changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience with automated systems and multiple electronic reimbursement processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please visit our website at www.hsmc.org to learn more about our organization!
Selection for employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, martial status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other bases protected by law.