Associate Behavior Therapist (ABA Therapist)
- Burlington, MA, USA
Beacon ABA Services is Massachusetts’s largest provider of home-based Early Intervention specialty services. We are a dynamic organization that utilizes evidence-based procedures and treatments based on principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
Beacon ABA Services, Inc. (Beacon) is a private group practice of behavior analysts and behavioral therapists organized to provide intensive behavioral services to individuals with developmental disabilities. The practice specializes in providing evidence-based treatment interventions to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD). Beacon works extensively with individuals who exhibit a variety of developmental needs and challenging behaviors by building adaptive skills in homes, schools, and community settings. Beacon utilizes evidence-based procedures and treatments based on principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Beacon actively contributes to the field of ABA through training students and professionals, contributing to field based research and establishing collaborative professional partnerships.
Beacon is seeking bright and energetic individuals who will be responsible for the implementation of teaching plans and programs developed by the Behavior Therapist.
Responsibilities will include working one-on-one with children to help improve social, language and academic skills as well as the collection of data as specified in the teaching plans and programs during each teaching session.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Applicants with a High School Diploma and at least one year of relevant experience can be considered for part time afternoon opportunities (3pm-6:30pm)
- Applicants with an Associate's Degree (60+ credit hours) and at least 6 months of relevant experience can be considered for full time and part time opportunities
- Must have personal vehicle and valid driver's license as the position requires travel
- Strong communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with families
- Organizational Skills to effectively process, implement and teach programs
- Self-Confidence to take the initiative to approach families
- Achievement motivated to work with families to set and achieve realistic goals
- Working in home settings - will require travel to various types of homes
- Fee for Service - various time slots available
- 8:00am - 6:30pm
- Monday thru Friday
Selection for employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other bases protected by law.