Network Operations Center Analyst II
- 1400 Crystal Dr, Arlington, VA 22202, USA
HR.Coach is leading a retained search for one of our key clients. This is an active search for an immediate opening.
bout our client Allied Telecom Group
Allied has served the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Regions as a highly regarded, single source provider of managed Internet, cloud, network, and enterprise Unified Communications solutions since 1996. Amidst a telecom industry all-too-often known for poor customer service and slow resolution, Allied has long differentiated itself through personal client care, quick response times, and even (where possible) same day installations to "save the day" for clients. In doing so, we've built a reputation as a trusted technology partner who offers sophisticated technical expertise coupled with exceptional service. This client-focused approach to business is anchored in the simple words of our Core Values: Integrity, Stewardship, Empowerment, CaNI (Constant and Never-Ending Improvement), and Excellence. In the spirit of these Values, we strive to cultivate an environment and culture that encourages each member of our team to reach their Full Potential, and, in doing so, help Allied achieve and maintain its Full Potential as an organization.
Are you the type of network analyst who will tenaciously track down and solve an incident, whether by solving it yourself or involving others? Does it make your day to know your customer's needs were taken care of? If so, this may be a great fit for you!
As a NOC Analyst at Allied Telecom, you will serve as first line of defense for monitoring and management of all Allied core, distribution, carrier last mile and customer premise voice and data installations across the Allied’s network. The NOC Analyst is responsible for researching and documenting various mitigation strategies and must maintain current knowledge of deployed technologies and their significance to customer operations. The NOC Analyst must be able to prioritize remediation of issues in a 24 x 7 network operations center. Perform basic system administration tasks such as network/system troubleshooting, patching, and utilizing scripts to automate repeatable tasks. In addition to network surveillance and management responsibilities, the NOC function also serves as an escalation point from our Customer Care organization.
- Monitor, manage and maintain all edge network devices, performance and quality across the Allied network (e.g. telecommunications circuits, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, failover solutions and platforms)
- Perform Event Management and Incident Management in accordance with established process and procedural guidelines
- Provide voice and data technical support to Allied’s Customer Care Representatives
- Partner with Allied Network Engineering team with related projects or work related to network maintenance
- Voice & data failover design/implementation/troubleshooting
- Perform VLAN and other routing & configuration changes in support of Add/Change/Delete requests
- Stay up to date on organizational SOPs
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a Tier 2 network operations support role, and 5 years working in network support
- Ability to resolve Tier 1 network incident quickly and effectively while communicating in an empathetic manner with our customers
- Self-awareness and willingness to escalate issues and follow up to ensure incident resolution
- An analytical mindset that appreciates solving problems
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Ability to be mindful of others needs showing understanding and responding with empathy
- Mastery of multi-taking and able to shift focus easily and rapidly from one task to the other while appropriately prioritizing
- Working knowledge of the following technology:
- SIP messaging flow for a VoIP call
- Carrier transport circuit technologies such as Ethernet over Copper (EOC/EFM), ADSL, T1s, fiber services (DWDM), and Metro-Ethernet
- Network design, Routing, DNS, IP Subnetting
- TCP/IP Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, RIP and EIGRP)
- Proxy Server and Firewalls
- Q-in-Q / s-tag / c-tag
- Routing protocols and technologies
Applicants who do not adequately complete the screening questions, will not be considered for this role.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.