Department Manager Full Time (Temporary contract 6 months)
&Other Stories is a fashion brand offering customers a wide range of shoes, bags, accessories, jewelry, beauty products and ready-to-wear to help create their own style or story. Our creative ateliers in Paris, Los Angeles and Stockholm design diversified fashion collectives with great attention to detail and quality at an affordable price.
& Other Stories is an inclusive and welcoming workplace where great challenges and opportunities are offered to you to grow and where we win together. You encourage and contribute to the shared responsibility of creating and protecting an inclusive and welcoming workplace where everyone can self-identify.
We offer a work environment where culture and values play a big part in everything we do. We have a flexible attitude and value an entrepreneurial spirit. We want every employee to take ownership of the brand’s success and believe that a fun working place generates great results.
At & Other Stories we emphasis the customer contact and in offering a personal and highly qualitative service in the store. Being part of our store team makes you the first person our customers meet and an important ambassador for & Other Stories.
Are you ready to lead and inspire your team to achieve fantastic sales figures?
Find your place in a fast-moving environment where you interact with both customers and colleagues and put your business knowledge to the test on a daily basis. We are offering a job where every day is a challenge, where only you set the limits to your career possibilities, and where your personal growth and development is just as important as our business.
The job of a Department Manager comes with a range of responsibilities –and lots of rewards. Your to-do list includes:
· Ensuring that your department team are providing excellent customer service on the sales floor, in the fitting rooms and at the cash desk
· Working together with the store Visual team to ensure that our products are displayed according to company guidelines, promotional activity and seasonal trends.
· Recruiting, training and developing your Sales Advisor team together with the Store Manager.
· Planning your staff scheduling and organising your department to meet the needs of the business and maximise profitability
· Ensuring our store routines, policies and guidelines are met to assist in loss prevention and safety in the store
· Setting an example for your team by acting as a role model using our values.
You are a people person with previous retail management experience, preferably from leading a larger team. Your experience makes you a natural leader that sets goals, delegate work and follow up on results to optimise sales. Recruitment, training and developing the group is your responsibility. You set an example with a straightforward communication skill and ability to create an open atmosphere that allows your group of creatives to grow. Strong fashion awareness and a passion for customer service gives an inventive approach on how to drive commerciality in an inspiring way.
Just like everyone at &other Stories, we believe you are a sales driven, social, open and ambitious team player full of drive and optimism. Your personal qualities should also include:
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for providing excellent customer service.
· Leadership skills - the ability to delegate work, follow up results and provide constructive, straightforward feedback to coach and develop your team.
· Being organised and able to prioritise multiple tasks based on the needs of our fast-paced business.
· The ability to analyse figures and formulate plans to maximise sales.
· The drive and ambition to reach business goals in an effective manner.
· A positive attitude and a willingness to learn and improve
Employee Discount Across All Brands of the H&M Group