PROJECT AND FACILITY MANAGER
- 33-6 SHIBUYA-FLAG 6F, Udagawa-cho, SHIBUYA, Tokyo, Japan
- Department: H&M
H&M Brand is on a journey to again become a truly customer focused company. In line with our Rewind and Fast Forward strategy, we want to achieve clear ownership, fuel our salesmanship, enable speed and build on our passion for the customer throughout the organization.
At H&M value our people are at the heart of everything we do, the best ideas evolve when great minds with different perspectives get together. We have a strong, value-driven culture characterized by believing in people, teamwork, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Here you can be yourself and develop. You’ll be part of an important transformation journey at H&M Group with significant opportunities to influence and make a difference. With the right mindset and ambition, you’ll find plenty of room to grow. We welcome your application regardless of gender, age, gender expressions, sexual orientation, disabilities, religious beliefs, origin, or background.
Are you ready to join?
Together with Regional Head of Construction and Facilities (C&F), you are responsible to project lead construction projects in the sales market.
Together with Regional Head of C&F, you hold the responsibility to secure professional facility maintenance service to a portfolio of 25-30 operating stores.
・ You collaborate Regional Head of C&F and the stakeholders within sales market expansion.
· You are responsible for leading construction projects and maintain facilities in existing store.
· You coordinate construction projects from start to finish (design intent ,site survey, value engineering, risk assessment, budget setting, time planning, permits, ordering of M&E, design Construction follow up & final invoicing) for all brand of the group.
■Strategy, goals and decision making
· You work according to the expansion 5 steps process and secure that routines, policies, guidelines and legal requirement in the sales-market are always followed.
· You demonstrate strong negotiation skills to improve contractual and financial solution.
· You act as a contact person between the expansion design team, contractors & LL representatives in the design process and manage the preparation of the technical documentation in order to ensure company requirement for all projects.
· You follow up on the construction process through regular site visits and secure the agreed material and solutions are made. You secure that weekly updates are always delivered from sites covering progress minutes, H&S reports, VO reports, Insta360 reports, Matterport mid- term and completion reports.
· You drive energy management and store performance to meet company sustainability commitments and goals
· Together with Regional Head of C&M and Business Controller C&F you set annual maintenance budgets for all operating stores and secure budgets for new, rebuild, closures of stores.
· Together with Regional Head of C&F and Business Controller C&F you create and maintain maintenance plans containing activities to meet requirements for the stores and other properties, balancing scheduled and reactive work.
· Monitor and follow up cost performance on Store, Area and Sales-Market level based on actual costs vs budgets. You keep Regional Head of C&F updated on the progress of the construction work and financial development of the project.
· You keep IPS and LIMA updated on a regular basis.
· Secure customer friendly stores by set Scorecard planning, execution, and follow up. Always follow up on CAT result from Area team and execute action on fails.
· Drive alignment of quality expectations for stores within the market and secure that the service scope delivery is meeting brand requirements and cost expectations.
· Secure health and safety for all work happening on our construction sites and in our operating stores.
· You work in close collaboration with Regional Head of C&F to deliver and secure and implement the strategy in your market.
· You work in close collaboration with Regional Head of C&F to secure that stores in your portfolio are meeting the expected store requirements.
· You have close contact with the store managers from the stores in your portfolio.
· You are the one to contact to settle maintenance related issues in the stores
■Leading your team
· Identify and develop talents in order to build (future) organisation and diverse teams.
· Strengthen teamwork and foster cross functional collaboration.
· Educate relevant internal stakeholders (such as Area and store staff and other support functions) in the facility maintenance ways of working and expected quality output
· Degree in Construction, Civil Engineering, Architecture or Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
· Have a good understanding about technical installations (such as HVAC, Fire Safety systems, electrical installations etc.), procurement, health & safety, facility or construction management techniques.
· Any certificate within the C&F field is meriting.
· Project management
· Facility management
· Planning & Organizing
· Can understand, read, speak and write in English at an advanced level.
· Knowledge in MS Office, more specifically Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI and MS Teams.
· At least 5 years of relevant working experience from Facility Management, Construction and/or real estate, preferably within the retail industry.
· Experience from managing a team.
· Experience from working in an international, matrix organization with several stakeholders and seniority levels.
People and relationships
Communicative / supportive
Tasks and projects:
Analytical / methodical / conscientious
Drives and emotions
Resilient / decisive and action oriented
1st – HR, Bona Kim & Saki Uchikawa
2nd – Hiring Manager, Jay Han, Regional Construction and Facility Manager
3rd – Function Head, Piotr Kucharski, Regional Expansion Manager