Gift Card Program Manager
- 110 5th Ave, New York, NY 10011, USA
- Department: H&M
As one of the world’s largest fashion companies with more than 171,000 employees worldwide, H&M is an exciting and dynamic place to pursue a career within the fashion industry. Our business concept is to offer fashion and quality at the best price in a sustainable way and with our fast expansion we are always looking for new talents. Would you like to be part of our team?
The US Gift Card Program Manager leads H&M’s end-to-end U.S. gift card program across all channels including H&M Stores, HM.com, external third parties and B2B. The Program Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the U.S. Gift Card strategy, designed to deliver a best-in-class customer experience and drive profitable business performance.
This highly cross-functional role presents a unique opportunity to drive value using a breadth of competencies, including strategic thinking, operational execution, data-driven testing and analytics, program management, marketing and communication planning, cross-channel merchandising and vendor management. The Program Manager is accountable for financial performance, operational execution and analysis of U.S. gift card-specific KPIs within the United States.
This position is based in NY, NY within our Marketing Function and reports to our US Marketing Manager with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Gift Card Experience Regional Product Lead, in our Business Tech Americas Function.
Core Responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
Develop and execute an end-to-end U.S. Gift Card strategy, aligned with company goals and industry best practices to drive profitable business performance and a best-in-class customer experience.
Champion gift cards internally to support business objectives. Build cross-functional partnerships to create commitment & understanding around the gift card program strategies and goals with brand functions, and third-party stakeholders in an inclusive and efficient way.
Synchronize roadmaps and goals with U.S. stakeholders to ensure strong operational and organizational readiness. Regularly communicate gift card goal tracking and progress towards objectives.
Support cross-functional stakeholders with setting up U.S. gift card budget, resources, communications, training, and change management as needed.
Leverage data and insights to advocate for optimal gift card designs, marketing and merchandising strategy, and customer experience across channels and platforms. Own HM.com gift card platform (U.S.) including UX, messaging, and merchandising.
Collaborate across channels to develop and implement an ROI-driven gift card marketing strategy that supports peak gift card selling periods. Provide stakeholders with insights, forecasting, and recommendations for future activities. Owns 3rd Party gift card promotion calendar and budget.
Manage local third-party partner and vendor relationships; develop and approve new 3rd party sales channels, partner relationships and local gift card initiatives.
Manage U.S. gift card inventory, production lifecycle, and related expenses across distribution channels (store, online, 3rd party).
Maintain expertise on the competitive gift card landscape, market trends, and customer expectations. Benchmark U.S. gift card program and identify development opportunities. Synthesize local customers' needs into product requirements for global products or if necessary, into locally adapted or fully local products.
Work with global and regional gift card product teams to prioritize U.S. gift card product needs; create business cases for solutions and take on end-to-end responsibility for local adaptations of global products and initiatives, if applicable.
Act as the primary escalation point and contact for the U.S. gift card program and its products.
Understand local market regulations and compliances to make sure products are in line with them. Spot opportunities and threats when market shifts.
Additional Accountabilities: Budget responsibility of $1.5M+ for program management including testing, production of gift card materials and fulfilment fees.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or a related field.
- 5-7 years’ relevant corporate experience with expertise in the gift card space.
- Experience working with gift cards, loyalty programs, and/or card production strongly preferred.
- Experience in retail, consumer products or services, e-commerce, marketing, merchandising.
- Demonstrated success in growing both new and mature programs with strong understanding of levers to drive program growth and manage expenses.
- Capable of designing, developing and delivering end-to-end programs and initiatives to maximize user adoption, business value, and effect realization.
- Ability to create internal understanding, alignment, and engagement around the business value of gift card products and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to developing relationships and managing vendors and third-party partners.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytic skills: ability to analyze disaggregate data sets to derive actionable business insights; craft business cases; and make business-minded decisions.
- Strong communication, written and verbal skills; ability crafting presentations tailored to different audiences.
- Self-starter: ability to create structure from ambiguity; and manage/prioritize complex workstreams.
- Result-oriented and driven by the challenge to exceed your goals and deliver strong growth for the business.
- Creative problem-solver, solution-oriented.
- Operate with a “test & learn” mindset and have a strong drive to develop current and innovative customer offerings.
Job Status: Salary, Exempt
EEOC Code: PRO
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.